[SOLVED] Auto Actions - Update one field to update multiple fields

5 years 7 months ago #306699 by webtechplus
The whole reason why we are using the auto update is previously when the rank was changed, they had to then change 4 other fields.
What would be ideal is that when a rank is changed that it updates all of the fields with one action.

So what we were planning on doing is making the fields they do not need to update 'read only' so the managers only have the option of selecting one field which then updates all the required tables.

Typically in the past when a client has asked us for a feature like this we have developed a solution that is independent, this client wanted us to stay within community builder if possible.

Thanks for support and feedback
We hope that we can assist you if you need and ask, all the best from the WTP Team

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #306704 by krileon
Then you'd just need to keep doing what you're doing. There's nothing wrong with your auto action. Only issue maybe what type of field you're trying to update. As you're trying to add HTML to a field the fieldtype for that field should be Editor Text Area.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 7 months ago #306733 by webtechplus
So after working through your reply, we have been able to get the image load feature working without any issues.
www.widow.twh.com.au/keshik

My question now is can i use a similar action to update a table instead of an 'Auto Action'
[cb:if cb_clanrank="KHAN"] [cb_ranksort2=A Khan] />[/cb:if]

If I create the list of these Ranks, in the the Custom HTML would this make it work for a sort table or do i have to keep the 'cb_ranksort2' as a Drop Down or Radio list

As this seems like it might reduce the load on the server?

We hope that we can assist you if you need and ask, all the best from the WTP Team

5 years 7 months ago #306746 by krileon

My question now is can i use a similar action to update a table instead of an 'Auto Action'

Nope.

If I create the list of these Ranks, in the the Custom HTML would this make it work for a sort table or do i have to keep the 'cb_ranksort2' as a Drop Down or Radio list

Custom HTML fields have no storage behavior. You should just be able to sort based off cb_clanrank. Otherwise if you need some specific sorting behavior you can either try adding that directly using an Advanced sort by in your userlist which lets you directly add to the ORDER BY of the query or continue using cb_ranksort2.

As this seems like it might reduce the load on the server?

If all you need is display output then substitutions based off your rank field in Custom HTML fields will provide best performance as there's no additional storage requirements.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: webtechplus

5 years 7 months ago #306829 by webtechplus
Thanks that give us what we needed to know for this project, we have gotten things working to the point we wanted.
This case can be closed off now.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn