Securing Registration

5 years 8 months ago #306945 by cwhitlock
Securing Registration was created by cwhitlock
I had a member try to register but their computer gave them a message that the site was insecure and to back out. What to do make of this?

Connie Whitlock
www.kcchristianmusic.com

System Information
Setting Value

PHP Built On Linux us125.siteground.us 3.12.18-clouder0 #28 SMP Thu Mar 8 11:53:03 EET 2018 x86_64
Database Type mysql
Database Version 5.6.40-84.0-log
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
Database Connection Collation utf8mb4_general_ci
PHP Version 7.0.31
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.8.11 Stable [ Amani ] 31-July-2018 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/68.0.3440.106 Safari/537.36

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #306948 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Securing Registration
Nothing to do with CB. Latest browser versions are default labeling sites that are not using HTTPS as not secure. HTTPS is incredibly cheap/free these days. Everyone should be encrypting their site at this point. Check out Let's Encrypt below for free HTTPS certificate.

letsencrypt.org/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

5 years 8 months ago #306953 by cwhitlock
Replied by cwhitlock on topic Securing Registration
Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn