[SOLVED] How to track down subscription set to expired by 'System'

5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #306977 by cpaschen
We've had a couple subscriptions that have gotten set to 'X' (expired) by the 'System' before the annual subscription should have expired.

In the most recent case we had a subscription that was set to expire on 9/8/2018 (they payed for a 1-years subscription on 9/13/2017; however, on 8/2/2018 there is a history/log entry that indicates that the subscription was changed from "A" to "X" by 'System' with an IP address that is assigned to an Amazon Technologies (which is NOT where our hosting is presently provided for this site) with the message "User subscription deactivated with status Expired".

This account also is showing lots of Error log entries of "loadSomething::plan id: 8 but no subscription id (Table affected: Plans; Table key: 8; Change: blank; Username: the user with the now expired subscription; Log Priority: Notice). There were 2 of these notices the day before the subscription was expired by the 'system' as well as 4 entries today (when client contacted us to indicate that they didn't have access).

Can you tell from this info why the subscription would have gotten cancelled? Or can you tell me where else to look for clues to what happened?

NOTE: We have CBSubs 4.2.1 installed (didn't see a blog post about 4.3 to know if this is something that we should upgrade to yet.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #306986 by krileon
Please be sure you're completely up to date. Next what gateway are you using? Were there any notifications within CBSubs > Notifications for the cancellation? If so try reviewing the IPNs and at the bottom check the request data to see if it was a cancellation sent by the payment provider.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 7 months ago #306990 by cpaschen
We've upgraded everything in CB and CBSubs to current versions as of this morning.

We are using Authorize.net.

In the CBSubs > Notifications area there is no record for this user's account at all for the date (or surrounding 2-3 days) when the cancellation happened.

Is there any other log/location to check for details?

5 years 7 months ago #306991 by krileon
It sounds like an admin cancelled it by editing the user. Doesn't make sense for expiration to cause it if the expiration date was correct on the subscription object which you can check within CBSubs > Subscriptions by clicking the # in the ID column to edit the raw subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 7 months ago #306993 by cpaschen
"admin cancelled it by editing the user"
Yes, that's probably what happened.

Is there any built-in system that tracks those changes?
Or is is possible to set-up something to track those admin changes?

5 years 7 months ago #306994 by cpaschen
Actually, I just realized that it DID track the change.

I went into CBSubs | Subscriptions
I found the username of the user and viewed their subscription entry.
Clicked on the Change Logs number to view the History and Logs for that subscription

Last 2 entries:

1 08/02/2018 - Change log - User subscription deactivated with status Expired - User subscriptions - 605 - update - System - <Full name blank> - IP: 52.71.192.87,52.71.192.87 - info

2 09/13/2017 - Change log - User subscription activated as Renewed - User subscriptions - 605 - update - <username> - <User's full name> - IP: User's IP address - Info

And when I hover over the 'update' in the change column of the last entry (8/2/2018) it shows:

previous_expiry_date | 2017-09-09 21:16:16 | 2018-08-02 15:12:00
previous_status | X | A
status | A | X

So the main question is - who is 'System' (with an IP address at an Amazon server) and how/why could they change a subscription date?

AND ... in looking at the entire History and Logs view, I'm seeing a number of 'update' entries that have the Username 'System'. But they have different IP addresses than the entry above (one registered to a company in Argentina ... which is NOT our country).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn