[#7260] Bug detected when installing CB Subs language plugins

5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #307015 by erichburkhard
I have installed the following versions:

CB - 2.2.1
CB Subs - 4.3.0

The scenario to reproduce the bug is as follows:

1. Load the plugin: cbplug_lang_cbsubs_english_en-GB_4.1.0.1.0.0+976d67cde --> the plugin will be visible in the 'Plugin Management' of CB
2. Load the plugin: cbplug_lang_cbsubs_german_de-DE_4.1.0.1.0.0+bb1dcddf0 --> the plugin will be visible in the 'Plugin Management' of CB
3. Run the following tool in the backend: Community Builder -> Tools -> Check Community Builder Database --> you will get the following warning:

4. go the the database …..

...the problem seems to be that the strings in the column 'element' are identical for both plugins. If you modify this string for one of the plugins, and run the tool: 'Check Community Builder Database' again, the error message will not appear anymore….but now we have another problem.....If you go back to the CB Plugin Management, it seems that this 'modified' plugin is not properly installed.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #307026 by krileon
Yup, the element should be unique per language plugin. They however should still work fine. Just don't use the tool to fix the duplicate issue. Have added a bug ticket to fix the CBSubs language packages.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn