cbsubs - paypal payment error

5 years 1 week ago #311749 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic cbsubs - paypal payment error
Strange, the length limit used to be 1000. Looks like it's 255 now at some point.

developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/Appx_websitestandard_htmlvariables/?mark=notify_url#technical-variables

May have been changed when they released their Payments API. Have added a bug ticket as we'll need to consider the best approach for this and likely have to add a PHP endpoint file like we did for CIC Credit Mutuel or see if we can safely remove some of the URL variables.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7525

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 week ago - 5 years 1 week ago #311750 by bins
Replied by bins on topic cbsubs - paypal payment error
Any idea on a timescale to fix?

I have pulled PP as a payment option and am only using Stripe.

EDIT:
Should I be surprised that no one else has reported an issue?

5 years 1 week ago #311759 by krileon

Any idea on a timescale to fix?

We're working on a fix since yesterday when the issue was discovered.

Should I be surprised that no one else has reported an issue?

Depends on domain length, basket id length, and gateway id length as they are all variable so could fall within the 255 limit. I'm confident the length limit was much larger and have no idea at what point PayPal may have changed it. I believe the limit used to be 1024 same as the other URL parameters. Their new billing API has a limit of 1000, but we're not using that yet.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 days ago #311853 by bins
Hi guys,

is my understanding of the issue that it has been resolved?

The reason for asking is that forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7525 is showing closed and I have updated the package and I am still getting the error!

5 years 4 days ago #311865 by krileon
The issue has been merged and released as part of the latest CBSubs build released 2 days ago. We were only able to safely remove cbppdtback, which reduced the number of characters by 48. How long is your domain name? How many characters is it saying your URL still has? Even with my longer localhost subfolders I'm only reaching around 180 characters.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

5 years 3 days ago #311879 by bins
url, inc https: etc is 39 characters.

I have asked PP to look at this again.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.476 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn