[SOLVED] Problem: Row size too large

5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #307214 by haasdijk
[SOLVED] Problem: Row size too large was created by haasdijk
Hello Kyle,

I have a similar problem as mentioned in this thread . I have read the thread carefully and compared all database settings with what you advise. All settings are similar.
There are currently 248 comprofiler fields in the database, mainly text. That should be possible according to the content of the thread i guess.
Can I solve this? I'm going to end up with about 350 comprofiler fields.
For example, is it possible to split the columns in the comprofiler table into two tables, ___comprofiler and ___comprofiler1. E.g. by manually editing the reference to the column in comprofiler_fields?

Kind regards,
Peter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #307217 by haasdijk
Replied by haasdijk on topic Problem: Row size too large
Checked the average row size in mysql workbench this morning. The comprofiler table was nowhere near the 8k (about half the size).
Would increasing the innodb page size to 32k, or even 64k, be a solution for this?

5 years 6 months ago #307218 by Andromeda57
Replied by Andromeda57 on topic Problem: Row size too large
Hey, try to set

max_input_vars = 1000000000000
max_input_nesting_level = 120

in php settings. This helped us a lot with many field problems.

We're using about 330 fields without any problems.

Regards.

Tobias

5 years 6 months ago #307219 by haasdijk
Tobias,

Unfortunately no succes here. Changed the settings in php.ini but adding another column results in error:

Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 8126. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Regards,
Peter

5 years 6 months ago #307220 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem: Row size too large

There are currently 248 comprofiler fields in the database, mainly text. That should be possible according to the content of the thread i guess.
Can I solve this? I'm going to end up with about 350 comprofiler fields.

You should be able to hit around 1000 fields before hitting the Innodb limit if they're all just text fields. Are you sure CBs table has its storage engine set to Innodb? You can check this within phpmyadmin after selecting _comprofiler and clicking the Operations tab. Beyond that you may have a configuration problem for Innodb. Specifically innodb_large_prefix needs to be configured. See the below for configuration recommendations.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/237990-database-error-message-1118-row-size-too-large?start=12#299701

For example, is it possible to split the columns in the comprofiler table into two tables, ___comprofiler and ___comprofiler1. E.g. by manually editing the reference to the column in comprofiler_fields?

No

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #307221 by haasdijk
Storage engine is set to Innodb. I double checked. The configuration of Innodb is done accoring to the thread you mentioned.
Most of the fields are text field, some (10 or so) mediumtext and a few system fields (CB system fields). I also use some field groups (great!) b.t.w..

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn