[SOLVED] [#7279] Translation dificulties with CB Subs 4.3.0

5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #307304 by erichburkhard
Hi all, I am using: CB Subs 4.3.0. In the following szenario I don't know how to translate the string 'for' in to spanish language ('para')

In the above picture you see that the string 'for' ist not translated correctly. I was looking several hours to find out which string I have to put into the 'override' file....here you see the strings I have used:

unfortunately nothing helped .....do you have any ideas ?

regards
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #307305 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Translation dificulties with CB Subs 4.3.0
That's the "Payment basket item text" parameter within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Baskets. The default value of that parameter is "[ITEMS_ALIASES] for [USERNAME]" so you should be able to translate it directly using that as the key. Example as follows using CBs built in language overrides.

Key: [ITEMS_ALIASES] for [USERNAME]
String: [ITEMS_ALIASES] para [USERNAME]

If you changed the parameters value be sure to use whatever you changed it to as the key.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

5 years 6 months ago #307306 by erichburkhard
Replied by erichburkhard on topic Translation dificulties with CB Subs 4.3.0
Hi I followed your advice, but it didn't work….

At first I checked in the backend if the key = '[ITEMS_ALIASES] for [USERNAME]' is still the same, then I copied the following string:

'[ITEMS_ALIASES] for [USERNAME]' => '[ITEMS_ALIASES] para [USERNAME]',

...into the override file of the (CB Subs) Language Folder: 'cbpaidsubscriptions-es-es' ….---> this didn't help…

...as a second try I copied the same string into the override file of the (CB) Language Folder: 'es-es' …..this also didn't help ...

5 years 6 months ago #307308 by krileon
There's no need to directly modify the override files. Use the language overrides interface shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

The basket item name is stored in the database (you'll see this in item_name of _cbsubs_payment_baskets). Cancel the basket and generate a new one to see if your change took affect.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #307443 by erichburkhard
Replied by erichburkhard on topic Translation dificulties with CB Subs 4.3.0
Hi Kyle, as recommended I checked that the following table / basket is empty before I do it again

jos_cbsubs_payment_baskets

...and repeated the transaction. It had no effect, the string: 'for' will not be translated into 'para'

this is the translation string I used: '[ITEMS_ALIASES] for [USERNAME]' => '[ITEMS_ALIASES] para [USERNAME]',

I also checked if it is a language specific issue, but this is not the case. I think for some reasons, the system can not match the key: [ITEMS_ALIASES] for [USERNAME]

regards

PS: I don't know if this is important, but I have seen that the Cb Subs language plugins are not marked with green colour...is it possible that they are not fully compatible? ...The language plugins of CB are green as you can see:

Attachments:

5 years 6 months ago #307446 by krileon
Ok, was able to confirm it's not translating. Well it is translating, but the translated string is lost at some point during the display of the basket. Don't have a solution at this time, sorry.

PS: I don't know if this is important, but I have seen that the Cb Subs language plugins are not marked with green colour...is it possible that they are not fully compatible? ...The language plugins of CB are green as you can see:

You may have the older CBSubs language plugins installed as they've been redone or you've turned off plugin version checking within CB > Configuration > Integrations.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn