CB updates - multiple copies of CBSubs plugins

5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #307594 by JerryK132
Two Questions:

1. After updating several cbsubs plugin items, we seem to have duplicate entries. See attachment. Running tools had no effect.

2. How do we use CBPackager? Is it automatic or do I have to set it up? Certainly I can update CB in Joomla now, but despite logging in to joomlapolis first I have to download CB plugins one by one by clicking on the red items and then uploading and installing them one by one.. Am I missing something?
Thanks

Jerry
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #307607 by krileon

1. After updating several cbsubs plugin items, we seem to have duplicate entries. See attachment. Running tools had no effect.

Two of those are language plugins. The last one is just CBSubs it self. As for the duplicate language plugins it's due to us redoing their XML to properly install unique plugins as the plugin element previously was incorrect. Simply delete the old plugin (version is in red, the second one).

2. How do we use CBPackager? Is it automatic or do I have to set it up? Certainly I can update CB in Joomla now, but despite logging in to joomlapolis first I have to download CB plugins one by one by clicking on the red items and then uploading and installing them one by one.. Am I missing something?

Navigate to CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin > Install from Web. From there you can select the Updates category (if any available) and click Update All button to update CB and all your installed plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JerryK132

5 years 6 months ago #307682 by JerryK132
Replied by JerryK132 on topic CB updates - multiple copies of CBSubs plugins
Many thanks. I've deleted the item as you recommended. All well in that list now.

Regarding the package updates, when I first went to the "Get Community Builder CB Plugins" page, there were a number of sections with a Sign-up, Download & Install or Buy buttons. One of the D&I buttons was red, so I clicked on it and the item (English UK) was successfully updated (again?). So far so good.

I then noticed that one item in this page (but under CB Language Plugins) had a grey "Already Installed" button. I guess this is because I used this method to update it. No other sections state Already Installed even though many are actually installed. Can you confirm that this is because we had been installing individually/manually until now and that in future we should simply use your recommended approach for updates?

Moving on, I saw no "Update Al"l buttons until I looked at the final Presets section. I clicked there and got the following error.
Error
Upload new plugin - error
No URL selected
Failed to save Install CB Plugin because: Installation error

So what was happening there?

Scrolling through, I also noticed that we have a CBSubs Packager. Is there a special approach for this (obviously we are already a licenced CBSubs user)?

Finally, I often install CB items we are not actually wanting to use yet, such as CB Gallery or Group JIve or CBSubs Folder acces. I do this to remind us when we are working on our site, that these features are available. I don't always publish them if they seem very unlikely to be required in the foreseeable future. But they are installed. Would you recommend we don't do this, and more important, how will this relate to future updates via the packagers? At the moment, none of these plugins come up as "already installed" and yet are not the latest versions either... So is there something else we must do to synchronise everything, so we can benefit fully from the "CB(Subs)-Packager" methods.

Thanks

5 years 6 months ago #307687 by krileon

I then noticed that one item in this page (but under CB Language Plugins) had a grey "Already Installed" button. I guess this is because I used this method to update it. No other sections state Already Installed even though many are actually installed. Can you confirm that this is because we had been installing individually/manually until now and that in future we should simply use your recommended approach for updates?

It doesn't matter how you update. You can use the Install from Web or download directly from our downloads page below then install. Both will update fine.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads

Recommend using whichever method is most convenient for you. It will show "Already Installed" if it's installed and there are no updates available.

Moving on, I saw no "Update Al"l buttons until I looked at the final Presets section. I clicked there and got the following error.

Update All only displays if you actually have updates available. Click where? What Preset were you trying to install?

Scrolling through, I also noticed that we have a CBSubs Packager. Is there a special approach for this (obviously we are already a licenced CBSubs user)?

CBSubs Package Builder is just an integration for CB Package Builder. You don't need that unless you intend to use CB Package Builder and want to limit access to a package based off subscription. The description of that download should've explained this; please let us know if the description was unclear.

Finally, I often install CB items we are not actually wanting to use yet, such as CB Gallery or Group JIve or CBSubs Folder acces. I do this to remind us when we are working on our site, that these features are available. I don't always publish them if they seem very unlikely to be required in the foreseeable future. But they are installed. Would you recommend we don't do this, and more important, how will this relate to future updates via the packagers? At the moment, none of these plugins come up as "already installed" and yet are not the latest versions either... So is there something else we must do to synchronise everything, so we can benefit fully from the "CB(Subs)-Packager" methods.

I do not recommend installing something you do not need. It's needless waste of resources. Suggest using other means of tracking potential feature additions to your site.

To keep your install up to date all you need to do is login to Joomlapolis to ensure you've an active session. Next go to CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin > Install from Web > Updates and click Update All every now and again to update your install. If you don't see the Updates category then your install is up to date. This only applies to our products. You will need to update 3rd party plugins by whatever means that plugin provides for updating (typically just manually).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn