Profile page addresses with id number before username... not desired

5 years 5 months ago #307628 by lucablue
Hi,
I've seen it just now but I think this issue was born since some last update of CB couse until July / August there is not this problem.

The address of the user profile page, since I had build the website, was www.nameoftesite.com/club/username.html
Now it appears like: www.nameoftesite.com/club/345-username.html where 345 is the id number of the user...

I've not changed nothing into the configuration, how can return to the address without id number (the old users not have the id number, only the newone)

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #307639 by krileon
If the username is not URL safe according to the results of Joomlas JFilterOutput::stringURLSafe (or JFilterOutput::stringURLUnicodeSlug) function it will prefix the user id so it can match the user. Once a username is ran through that function it's compared against their untouched username. If they don't match it will prefix the user id. If they do match then it'll be possible for the SQL to find the user id based off their exact username so it won't prefix the user id. If you don't want this to happen then limit the characters that can be in a username (e.g. no spaces or special characters) or use the included Profile URL field so users can change their URL to whatever they like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #307652 by lucablue
Hi krileon,
I understood what you mean but for example the user "uzzo" has his page like "329-uzzo.html" where 329 is the id user number.
As you can see "uzzo" username has not any strange char... just alphabetical character but the system gives him the prefix id number...

Until august this not happened... never.

I'm not understanding

5 years 5 months ago #307655 by krileon
Is it exactly uzzo or are there UTF8 characters? If there are UTF8 characters you need to use unicode alias feature. Aside from that I don't know, I've just tested exactly "uzzo" and it works perfectly fine (no prefix).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #307656 by lucablue
The name is UZZO, where I can set the unicode feature for username?

5 years 5 months ago #307662 by krileon
You can enable Unicode aliases in Joomlas SEF settings within your Joomla global configuration. Joomla will lowercase it so it being all uppercase may be an issue. The matching however isn't strict so shouldn't matter the case.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 2.055 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn