Connection Email FIle

5 years 5 months ago #307914 by bins
Connection Email FIle was created by bins
Hiya,

can someone point me in the direction of the file that creates the pending connection email:

"You have a pending connection from xxxx!

NOTE: This is a message generated automatically by the Connections system. It has the connecting user's address, so you can conveniently reply if you wish to."

etc

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #307920 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Connection Email FIle
Why do you need the location of the email in source code? If you want to translate it or alter it in any way please use language overrides shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

That notification should be the following language strings.

Key: UE_CONNECTIONPENDINGACCEPTANCE
Connection Pending Acceptance!

Key: UE_CONNECTIONPENDSUB
String:
You have a pending connection from %s!

Key: UE_CONNECTIONPENDMSG
%s is requesting to connect with you and requires your approval.  Please accept or deny the connection request accordingly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #307921 by bins
Replied by bins on topic Connection Email FIle
Hi Kyle,

there are some formatting errors - here is the full message that is sent:

You have a pending connection from xxx!

NOTE: This is a message generated automatically by the Connections system. It has the connecting user's address, so you can conveniently reply if you wish to.nntedwigzell is requesting to connect with you and requires your approval. rnrnPlease login and accept or deny the connection request accordingly.rnrnNOTE: If you do not login you will receive a page error.rn xxxx included the following personal message:n
n
As one of the founders of xxx, welcome to xxxxx.rnrnPlease make sure that you are logged in and click the link below to connect to me.rnrnn

Manage Connectionsn

Kind regards

You can also see the additional part of the message at the end.

BTW, we are using EN_GB language.

BTW2 - I am using overrides - UE_CONNECTIONPENDMSG

5 years 5 months ago #307938 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Connection Email FIle
If you're using HTML emails you'll need to change the /r/n to <br /> as there's a current bug where this isn't happening automatically. This can be done entirely by overriding the language strings.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #307961 by bins
I wasn't using html, but will insert a <br>.

Thanks.

5 years 5 months ago #308033 by bins
I must be doing something wrong. I am sure I am editing the files/overriding correctly.

I can't find this message:

Connection Request Accepted!

NOTE: This is a message generated automatically by the Connections system. It has the connecting user's address, so you can conveniently reply if you wish to.nnYour request to connect with name was accepted!n

Manage Connections n

I have searched all the strings containing 'connect' (there are a few) and I cannot find it!

Help?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn