URL changes after updating Community builder and community builder pro

5 years 5 months ago #308184 by Totoweb
Hi,

If we update the site to the latest CB the url structure has the email address of the profile in it? Also the layout of the profile page is totally different from the live site. I can't post the updated site here because the email addresses are in the url. Can you help us out?

Regards,
Raoul

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #308191 by krileon
What version are you updating from? The profile URL behavior hasn't changed beyond allowing for users to supply their own profile URL via the Profile URL (alias) field. Beyond that it should still have their username as the SEF alias for their profile URL. Regarding layout if you're coming from CB 1.x then it's the new canvas layout. You can check out what to expect CB to look like using our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/profiles/susan

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308197 by Totoweb
Hello Krilion,

We are updating from 2.2.1 Can I provide a private login?

Kind regards,
Raoul

5 years 5 months ago #308199 by krileon
The only reason for email address to be in the URL is because their username is their email address. Edit a user within CB > User Management and check what their Username is set to. To correct the profile layout if things have moved you can use the Canvas Layout tool within CB > Tools. If issue persists please PM backend super administrator login credentials and include a URL to a profile that's affected by your issues and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308201 by Totoweb
hello Krilion,

The emailaddress is indeed in the username. Tried the suggestion but no result. How can I provide a PM?

5 years 5 months ago #308210 by krileon
You set the username field to not display on registration. This means the Username Fallback parameter within CB > Configuration > User Profile will take affect, which you've set to Email. This means Username at time of registration will be set to Email. CB uses Username for profile URL SEF alias. Either allow Username at time of registration, change the Username Fallback, or allow them to use the Profile URL (alias) field so they can supply their own (e.g. set to display on registration/edit and mark as required). Note this behavior was not recently implemented.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn