Easier Membership Renewal

5 years 4 months ago #308748 by bins
Easier Membership Renewal was created by bins
We send out a few renewal reminder emails before memberships expire.

Included in these emails is a link to the members subscriptions page (with reminder to log in first) which will show them the renewal button.

However, we continue to get issues where members end up trying to rejoin, which causes a different set of problems.

Is there a way take people to the step after the renewal button?

The link the button takes you to is:
/component/comprofiler/pluginclass/cbpaidsubscriptions?user=xxx
But using this direct takes you to a 'You are not authourised' message.

Another thing, possible related, is that we are now getting more 'Not Initiated' baskets. Have there been some changes in the processes in the updates over the past weeks?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #308751 by bins
Replied by bins on topic Easier Membership Renewal
And another related thing....

The link we use to take members to the subscription page for renewal us:
/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userprofile&tab=23

We instruct them to login, however, if they do login, they are taken to a message 'you need to login'!!!!

This could be part of the problem!

Is there a more direct route to the subscription page?

5 years 4 months ago #308755 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Easier Membership Renewal

Is there a way take people to the step after the renewal button?

You might be able to link to the plans basket page. Edit the plan within CBSubs > Plans and you should see the URL to add the plan directly to the basket. I'm not sure this will work for renewals though, but if it does it'd take them directly to the payment step. I don't think it'll solve your issue of users trying to re-join as they still need to be logged in for it to be relevant to them.

We instruct them to login, however, if they do login, they are taken to a message 'you need to login'!!!!

What URL are they on that it's telling them they need to login after logging in?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #308760 by bins

What URL are they on that it's telling them they need to login after logging in?

I think I should clarify. They login, click the renew link and then get the error.

I think I might have noticed the error and it could be an additional www. in the url - testing now!

5 years 4 months ago #308766 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Easier Membership Renewal

I think I might have noticed the error and it could be an additional www. in the url - testing now!

Yup, that could do it. If they logged in on the www domain and you link to non-www then they won't be logged in there. www is actually a subdomain so it's treated as such as far as cookies are concerned. Typically best to have a server level domain redirect to ensure they are on either/or and never able to reach both at same time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #308846 by bins
When someone clicks the link and it takes them to the 'you must be logged in' error, is there a way to return them to the target page after they have logged in?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn