Workflows Module Does Not Display

5 years 4 months ago #308825 by ernienet
Workflows Module Does Not Display was created by ernienet
For some reason, the Workflows module will not display on one of my websites. I cycled through all the access levels and tested different positions. I also re-created the module. But it's not showing on the website frontend.

I've cleared the cache to be sure it's not that.

I'm logging in as Super, using version 2.3.0, and other modules with the same or similar settings are working fine, including the CB-Login module.

Just for my own knowledge, is there a backend way to complete Workflows without the module being enabled? Either way, I still need to get the module working on the frontend for my client.

Thank you,
Ernie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #308827 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Workflows Module Does Not Display
The module won't display if there's nothing to display. Do you have something pending approval to test that it's displaying fine? Note the approval links will not display unless the viewing user is a CB Moderator and recommend ensuring the Moderator View Access Level parameter within CB > Configuration > Moderation is configured correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #308835 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic Workflows Module Does Not Display
Customer received an email notification and asked me what to do. I logged in to check it, and the module wasn't showing.

Didn't it used to show regardless of whether there was an action to take or not? Seems it used to display but show "no workflows" before.

Thank you,
Ernie

5 years 4 months ago #308836 by krileon
Joomla only displays a module if the module displays something. The CB Workflows Module won't display at all if there's nothing for it to display. You can force it to always display using pre/post-text parameters if you want since Joomla will see the module as always outputting something. Your client received an email notification for what exactly?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #308840 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic Workflows Module Does Not Display
Here's the message:

Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2018 1:04 PM
To:
Subject: [website name] - Image Pending Approval

A user has submitted an image for approval. Please log in and take the appropriate action.

NOTE: This email was automatically generated from [website name].

Thank you,
Ernie

5 years 4 months ago #308847 by krileon
Sounds like image upload approval is enabled in CB > Configuration > Moderation or for that specific image field. You should see the pending approval URL in your CB Workflows Module if its "Image Approval Notification" is set to "Show" and you're logged in as a CB Moderator.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn