Plans based on revenue

5 years 3 months ago #309101 by drgolden
Plans based on revenue was created by drgolden
We use CB Subs to manage an association of multiple member organizations. Historially there was one membership plan regardless of the gross revenue of the individual member organizations. As you can see from the atatchment the annual revenues have a significant range.

However this year we would like to charge members based on annual revenues … something like the attachment:

I can see creating a field to record annual revenues, and multiple plans for each revenue range. Is there a way or use case in which a plan would be selected and presented based on where their revenues fall in the grid (the value in the annual revenue field)?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #309109 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Plans based on revenue
You'll first need to create a field for users to select their revenue range. I don't recommend using a text or integer field for them to supply exact revenue, but to just have a radio or select field to select the range. Next create a CBSubs plan for each revenue range and under the Workflows tab use the condition features to condition the availability of the plan based off their revenue. This should show/hide them based off the value of the field. Example as follows.

Dynamic Conditions on other plans and CB Fields to show this plan and to allow subscribing to it
Conditions: These conditions must be met on the registration form to show this plan at registration:
All of following CB fields must be filled-in/selected at registration: YOUR_REVENUE_FIELD_HERE
And following CB Field: YOUR_REVENUE_FIELD_HERE
Condition: = (Is equal to)
Value: REVENUE_RANGE_1_VALUE

You'd need to do the same for upgrades under "Subscriptions upgrades workflows".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #309111 by drgolden
Replied by drgolden on topic Plans based on revenue
Thanks for your prompt response. I will give it a go.

Thanks

5 years 3 months ago #309356 by drgolden
Every thing is working as you described. The value in the annual revenue presents the correct plan.

Currently if the revenue field is empty, the renew button goes to an empty page.

In the case of an empty revenue field I would like to present a message explaining that they must complete the revenue field, with a link directing them there. Is there a way to do this?

5 years 3 months ago #309359 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Plans based on revenue
Renew button? Are you outputting a button that just links to the CBSubs plans page? If using CB Content Module or a Custom HTML field for that you should be able to use substitutions to hide the button and display a message. See our substitutions tutorial below for substitution usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Example as follows.

[cb:if cb_revenue!=""]BUTTON HERE[cb:else]MESSAGE HERE[/cb:else][/cb:if]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #309416 by drgolden
HI-

One last (hopefully) question - which relates to renewals.

The system is working fine .... plans are selected based on the revenue field.

Looking down the road at renewals. The assumption is that from one year to the next the revenue range may change, and hence the available plans for renewal change. I will set the workflow so that prior to renewal the user is asked to verify and change their revenue range if appropriate.

For instance, I have User "A". Last year their revenue range was $0-100,000 (membership fee $290) , however this year it is $101,000 to $250,000 (membership fee $390) so they select the new revenue range.

However upon renewal they are presented with 2 options: 1) renewing under their old plan ($290), and 2) renewing under the new plan $390).

During renewal, I need to only offer up the plan that is tied to the revenue field (their annual revenue).

thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.973 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn