PMS Notifications

5 years 3 months ago #309184 by bins
PMS Notifications was created by bins
I have switched notifications on, but not sure where the notification is shown!

Emails are sent, but I would expect there to be an icon/inbox count somewhere as a visual indicator when you are logged in.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #309185 by bins
Replied by bins on topic PMS Notifications
OK, I have seen an indicator on the user profile - can this be shown elsewhere e.g. on menu option for PMS Inbox (UddeIM did something like this)?

Members own profile is not generally a 'destination', so could be missed, but a menu option will be seen.

5 years 3 months ago #309186 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PMS Notifications
The notification that you've a new PM can be shown in your CB Login Module if enabled and/or in your CB Workflows Module if enabled. At this time the icon shown on the CB Menu bar has no functionality to be displayed anywhere else, but there are plans to implement support for that. There's also new System Actions in latest CB Auto Actions for logging a CB Activity notification when you receive a new PM.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #309188 by bins
The email notification takes you to your user profile. Shouldn't it take you to either the message or inbox?

5 years 3 months ago #309190 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PMS Notifications
The email notification only provides a link with the username of the person that sent the private message to you. Beyond that it has no links. If you want to add a link to their messages page you can using language overrides. Will review including a link to the messages page somewhere in the notification in a future release, but it's typically not useful as the user is typically not logged in.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7378

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #309197 by bins
Kyle,

thanks for creating the issue.

To expand a little -
- you receive an email to say you have a message
- you click the link (if you are not logged in) and get a message "Please log in or sign up to view or modify your profile." (Not very intuative, as you want to look at messages, not your profile).
- You login and get taken to the home page, not messages/the message
- If you are logged in, you are taken to your profile, not messages/the message!

It isn't 'slick' or user-friendly!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds