CB Private Messaging - How to 'connect' certain functionality with certain plans

5 years 2 months ago #309544 by erichburkhard
I am going to migrate from UDDEIM to the the new CB internal messaging (plugin). At the moment I don't know how to implement the following behaviour:

Behaviour: "If the user has not subscribed for a certain plan he is not allowed to send new messages or recall any sent messages."

In UDDEIM I have implemented this behaviour by adding the followig URL substrings to the corresponding plan setting (see below)

So wanted to implement it similar when using the CB internal messaging plugin. The first 'challenge' was to find out the corresponding URL-strings….I tried out the following URL substrings:

message/save
pms.mypmspro/new?

...but this had no effect….

So my question is: Is it possible to solve my issue by using this 'substring' technique? ...Or is there a more elegant way to implement this behaviour?

regards
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #309547 by krileon
The below should block the ability to send, edit, and save a private message.

option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=pms.mypmspro&action=messages&func=/new|edit|save/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

3 years 10 months ago #318652 by erichburkhard
How can I adapt / extend this filter to also prevent users from sending a private message (without active subscription) via the Community Menu entry: "Send Private Message" after having selected a certain user, at the moment this works

Attachments:

3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #318654 by krileon
Adjust the By URL Part protection as follows.

option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=pms.mypmspro&action=messages&func=new
option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=pms.mypmspro&action=message&func=/quick|new|edit|save/

This should block all new message, edit message, and save message operations. In the future please just turn off SEF and review the URL. By URL Part protection is always checked against the non-SEF URL. The URL for sending a message directly to a specific user is as follows.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=pms.mypmspro&action=message&func=new&to=USER_ID

Note you shouldn't need to do this anymore. Private Message System has create access permissions now, which will suppress those links entirely if the user doesn't have permission to send messages. See the below blog regarding this new feature.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18876-private-message-create-access

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn