Profile edits not persisted from front-end when Super Admin

5 years 3 months ago #309873 by fdinkler
I just upgraded to J 3.9.2 and CB 2.4 and updated all associated plugins.

One of my admins noticed that, when editing his profile from the front end, none of the edits made it into the database.
No errors thrown, just the old data returned on refresh.

Edits from non-admin accounts work
Any ideas?

Fred

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #309889 by krileon
Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then retry to see if any errors output. Only reason for that is an error, something interrupted the CB user store, or a redirect before the CB user store.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #309953 by fdinkler
Repeated the edit process with DEBUG=On and Error Level = Max
Tons of deprecation warnings and notes, but no errors.

Note that this was using the AJAX field edit plug-in.
To eliminate the plug-in, I republished the Menu tab for Special ACL and attempted to edit the entire profile.
When I tried to save it, system threw Error Access Denied.

Side note - the Profile Logger plugin is reporting each update attempt as if it were successful.

5 years 3 months ago #309955 by krileon
I was just testing CB Core Fields Ajax while working on CB Privacy and worked fine across the 6 different fieldtypes I tested. If you're seeing "Error Access Denied" then you've a permissions problem. Either the user doesn't have endpoint access to their profiles (make sure Profile View Access Level is set right in CB > Configuration > User Profile) or they can't access the menu item it's using to submit the ajax request (typically this is just the profile menu item).

You should have a profile edit menu item at all times. It should be set to Public or Registered at the very least. CB will check access to profile edit on its own. It does not need to be on a visible menu module though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn