[SOLVED] Server Resource Consumption

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 1 month ago #310333 by ffusion
[SOLVED] Server Resource Consumption was created by ffusion
We have encountered an issue with two users now. When they log in to texascavaliers.org and try to update their respective profile, PHP hits the memory limit (512 MB). This does not happen with other users that we have tried, even when the limit was set to 128 MB.

This is the error in the logs:
[Tue Jan 15 10:48:03.676555 2019] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 3598:tid 139680053982976] [client 70.114.3.32:51010] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 29362032 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/texascavaliers.org/httpdocs/libraries/joomla/database/driver.php on line 2053\n', referer: www.texascavaliers.org/cb-profile-edit

Have you seen this type of issue? I'm trying to figure out what would cause certain users to encounter this and not others. All users are created by the site administrators.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #310341 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Server Resource Consumption
What fields do they have access to that other users don't? If it only impacts them it's safe to assume features only available to them might be causing it. Try unpublishing non-core plugins 1 by 1 within CB > Plugin Management until the issue goes away.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310357 by ffusion
Replied by ffusion on topic Server Resource Consumption
That's what is odd. I have tested with users who have the same permissions level and access and it don't get the same results. I will do as you suggest regarding the CB plugins and report back. Thank you for the suggestion!

5 years 2 months ago #310379 by krileon
Are you able to edit and save those users from CB > User Management or is it also impacted by this issue?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310439 by ffusion
Replied by ffusion on topic Server Resource Consumption
Yes, they can be edited in the back end.

Unpublishing none core plugins didn't change anything.

Not sure if it's related or not, but we had a user report that when she saved her profile, it deleted all of her fields that had been saved.

5 years 2 months ago #310447 by krileon
You may have something rendering on that page that's breaking the HTML form (e.g. Custom HTML field with broken HTML or a tab in profile edit that doesn't belong there) or you may have a Joomla system or user plugin installed that's interrupting the update process, but that likely should impact backend too. Try disabling 3rd party Joomla System and User plugins in Extensions > Plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn