Kunena Subscription Feature + CBSubs

5 years 1 month ago #310581 by AlexRag
Kunena Subscription Feature + CBSubs was created by AlexRag
I was wondering if users who have expired accounts (controlled by CBSubs), do they still get email notifications if they've subscribed to topics in a Kunena powered forum?

My hope is that if their account has expired they will also stop getting email notices of posts in Kunena and its reactivated once they renew a membership plan.

I have also post this on Kunena's forum I do not know which developer would be best able to answer this.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #310589 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Kunena Subscription Feature + CBSubs
CBSubs does not touch Kunena category subscriptions.

If you've CBSubs setup to always require a subscription (e.g. no free registrations without a subscription) their account should become blocked when they expire at which point Kunena does not send emails to blocked accounts.

If you're giving a Joomla usergroup based off subscription and removing it based off subscription then they've access to Kunena categories based off that usergroup then them losing access should prevent the emails from sending as Kunena checks category access before sending.

If you're doing what we're doing and simply protecting Kunena using CBSubs Content and its By URL Part protection to block access to Kunena URLs then yes they will still receive notifications, but they still have read access to unsubscribe. They should also be able to unsubscribe using the Forum tab in their profile if you're using CB Forums.

If you want to actually delete category subscriptions from the database by force if they unsubscribe you can do that using CBSubs SQL Actions and performing the necessary database queries.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #310668 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Kunena Subscription Feature + CBSubs
Thanks Kyle,

Yes, I have only one pad subscription which allows full access to the Kunena, so I'm thinking no need for any sort of other intervention.
I just wanted to make sure that once the account is expired by CBSubs that it stops the Kunena emailing users who had followed/subscribed to posts or categories.

Once they renew their membership and reactivate their account the Kunena notification functionality will resume for that user as normal.

Does this sound about right?

5 years 1 month ago #310674 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Kunena Subscription Feature + CBSubs
Yes, that's correct.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexRag

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.719 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn