PostFinance Payment Gateway - 'Refreshing' issue after a successfull payment

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #310682 by erichburkhard
In my Joomla site I have installed CBSubs 4.3.0 - and I am using the 'Swiss Postfinance' payment gateway. Today I could successfully execute a productive payment with my PostFinance Card … but there seems to be a kind of 'refreshing' problem. Please look at the following scenario:

1. The registered user decides to pay his subscription (here: the 'TEST PAYMENT' plan) by using his 'PostFinance Card'.
2. Now he will be redirected to the payment sites of 'Postfinance' where he has to enter his card credentials.
3. If the credentials are correct a confirmation text will be displayed to the user that the payment has been successfully executed.
4. After a few second of waiting the user will be automatically redirected back to the website.
5. Now the user expects that the subscription tab also shows the correct status when looking at the plan…..but this is not the case ….the TEST PAYMENT plan is not marked with the green check symbol….

6. Now I log into the the PostFinance payment backend to verify that the payment has been successfully processed…..it looks as follows:

7. The user clicks around on his subscription tab …..no change ….also a click onto the refresh button of the browser does not help...but suddenly … after approx. 2 - 3 minutes (after clicking around everywhere !!! in the site) it looks as followed….

Question:
Do you know where the problem is? When I execute this scenario using a (TEST) Gateway of PostFinance it works 100%. The status (green check) will appear 'real time' straight after the execution of the (TEST)payment
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #310701 by krileon
The IPN to pay the subscription is not instant. It takes a few minutes for it to be paid and for PostFinance to report to your site it has been paid. Using test credentials there's not verification process; it already knows the test credentials are valid and immediately accepts them so it's paid immediately.

To be honest at this point I don't really recommend using any payment processor outside Stripe or PayPal. They cover basically every single scenario, have strong APIs, and are fast as well as reliable. Personally would recommend Stripe the most.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310729 by erichburkhard
Hi - sounds interesting this 'Stripe'. I had a quick look at the CBSubs 4.1 manual to get more information on how setting up the gateway parameters for 'Stripe' - but could not find any infos… or is it absolutely self-explanatory?

5 years 2 months ago #310730 by krileon
The instructions for configuration are provided directly in the gateway configuration in CBSubs > Gateways. It's not in the documentation yet as it's still a fairly new gateway implementation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #310788 by erichburkhard
Hi - I was able to implement successfully the Stripe payment gateway - it is really easy - thank you for the hint :-) Just a small question: Although the email settings have been set as follows in Stripe:

...the user didn't receive an email sent by stripe after the successfull (productive) payment. Is there somewhere a 'switch' in the stripe payment gateway of CB-Subs in order to transfer the email-address information to Stripe? (remark: before I was using the PostFinance payment gateway ….. and in this context the customer correctly received an email by PostFinance after a successfull payment)

regards
Attachments:

5 years 2 months ago #310789 by krileon
CBSubs has no control over the emails that Stripe sends. You'll need to contact Stripe about that.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.397 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn