CB Subs Pricing and Validity Clarification

4 years 11 months ago #311774 by bins
I would like members whose subscription has lapsed not to be able to access the site immediately when it expires, but give them the option to renew at a later date.

I would think this is set up by :

Grace period before real expiration - none
Can be reactivated if expired or cancelled since more than - can be reactivated at anytime
Can be reactivated if expired or cancelled since less than - can be reactivated at anytime

My worry is the word real in the grace period option! Does it mean final and unchangeable and overrides the reactivation options?

I think I may be taking the description literally, but do not want any confusion.

Also, when set, how can I force those that are already registered/expired to fall into line?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #311778 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Subs Pricing and Validity Clarification
The real expiration is when renewal becomes available. In the case of auto recurring payments it's when the renewal would start. Features that act on expiration do not fire until after the grace period. So if you gave them a usergroup on plan activation then it will remain until after the grace period has ended. You can however use CBSubs Mailer to send an expiration notice when their grace period starts, etc.. So I think grace period should work for what you're wanting if i'm understanding your needs correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago #311780 by bins
Great.

So, on real expiration, access (if set), member level etc are dropped and if they renew/reactivate in the set period they are reinstated?

I want members to have access/member level reinstated when they renew. If they go past the reactivation period (e.g. 1 month) they have to create a new membership - is my understanding correct?

4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #311786 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Subs Pricing and Validity Clarification

So, on real expiration, access (if set), member level etc are dropped and if they renew/reactivate in the set period they are reinstated?

No, their access is not dropped on real expiration when using a grace period. Real expiration is when their expiration date is reached. With a grace period expiration is not triggered at time of real expiration; it is triggered at the end of the grace period. The access will be dropped after the end of the grace period. However because the expiration date is not modified you can condition off of it. For example in CBSubs Mailer to send them an email. It's also typically good to have a couple days of grace period if using recurring subscriptions for example to give time for payment gateways to send their IPNs, etc..

I want members to have access/member level reinstated when they renew. If they go past the reactivation period (e.g. 1 month) they have to create a new membership - is my understanding correct?

CBSubs of course removes access granted by the plan on expiration. Renewing would reactivate the plan and of course give access again. If they're expired, within grace period, or if you've renewal in advance set and they're within that timeframe they will see a renew button to renew.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago #311798 by bins
Thanks for the clarification.

4 years 10 months ago #312198 by bins
Sorry to open this again, but I have had an issue where a member had expired one month ago and their membership was dropped down and they could not renew, despite allowing renews for 3 months after expire.

Their account was also disabled!

Any thoughts on if I have screwed up the settings, as discussed here?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn