Authorize.net

4 years 8 months ago #313084 by txstate05
Authorize.net was created by txstate05
I am getting the message below:

This payment service provider method is not recommended as it requires an extended PCI/DSS certification of your organization and server. This is due to the fact that with this method sensitive payment information is transmitted through your website before reaching the payment service provider. Thus this gateway method is marked as deprecated. We highly recommend choosing a different payment service provider and method where sensitive payment information is sent directly from the user's browser to the payment service provider.

I have never seen this message and it doesn't seem to be causing any problems. Should I change payment gateways?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #313085 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Authorize.net
Hi,
The text of the information message you quoted says exactly what we would say here too regarding your question. Please read it again and tell us which part is not clear or if you have any specific question about any part of that text.

To reply to your remark about gateway working fine: Technically, the gateway will be working fine as long as authorize.net doesn't change anything technically at their end and anything doesn't change on your server.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

4 years 8 months ago #313124 by txstate05
Replied by txstate05 on topic Authorize.net
Thank you for the reply. The question I had was indeed if I should change processors. I will have to check manually if all transactions are going through. This is unfortunate.

4 years 8 months ago #313125 by beat

txstate05 wrote: Thank you for the reply. The question I had was indeed if I should change processors. I will have to check manually if all transactions are going through. This is unfortunate.

I don't think that you understood the information text.

You don't have to check manually your transactions. They will work fine as long as nothing changes at authorize.net side.

But you should eventually start looking for a new payment services providers, from our list of supported providers. We have good experiences with Stripe, Paypal, Ingenico, among other supported payment processors.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

4 years 8 months ago #313126 by txstate05
Replied by txstate05 on topic Authorize.net
The concern I have is that Authorize.net won't alert me of the changes they make on their platform. Also, I'm worried that updates I make to CBsubs will not be compatible with what they accept. I'm not worried about joomlapolis, I'm worried that Authorize.net will somehow notice that a change was made on my end and just decline my transactions.

4 years 8 months ago #313132 by beat
We have no plans to make changes to Authorize.net CBSubs payment gateway.

Unless you have single payments and no auto-recurring payment subscriptions (payments re-occuring without the user doing anything, ARB in Auth.net), changing to another payment provider, such as Stripe is easy and you can run both in parallel with CBSubs for some time. On www.joomlapolis.com, we run 4 different payment service providers in parallel, so that we are "payments fail-safe" against payment issue that may arise anytime and offer several payment methods to our users.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds