Field Condition = show if another field has a certain content

4 years 9 months ago #313154 by ericmuc
Hi,
I have 1) a drop down field and 2) a field with condition = show, if the 1) has the value = xxx. That works in the profile edit mode. The field is shown with ajax. But this works not with inline editing, here I have to refesh the page to show the new field.

Is it possible to have also the ajax function in the inline editing mode?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #313157 by krileon

No, if the field was hidden from profile view then it was completely excluded from being output so it does not exist in that view until the condition is met. Profile edit and registration work a little differently since they are dynamic conditions and there aren't possible privacy concerns with those fields existing on the page, but hidden, since only profile owner and moderators can reach those pages.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericmuc

4 years 9 months ago #313182 by ericmuc

krileon wrote:

No, if the field was hidden from profile view then it was completely excluded from being output so it does not exist in that view until the condition is met. Profile edit and registration work a little differently since they are dynamic conditions and there aren't possible privacy concerns with those fields existing on the page, but hidden, since only profile owner and moderators can reach those pages.

Please let me ask:
the field is not hidden from profile view but with a condition hided. Is that therefore not possible to make it visible by changing he condition in the inline editing mode?

If not, can I make a save and page refresh by choosing a certian value of a drop down field during the inline editing?

4 years 9 months ago #313186 by krileon
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. CB Core Fields Ajax will not cause other fields on the page to update in profile view. It's not designed to do so. It's simply inline editing on a per field basis.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericmuc

4 years 9 months ago #313200 by ericmuc

krileon wrote: Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. CB Core Fields Ajax will not cause other fields on the page to update in profile view. It's not designed to do so. It's simply inline editing on a per field basis.

Thanks, I understand
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn