automatic renewals with Authorize.net

4 years 7 months ago #314176 by AdvisorProducts
Replied by AdvisorProducts on topic automatic renewals with Authorize.net
Paypal is stating certain transactions are being rejected due to security risk of not capturing client's address for AVS verification. I see no place in the gateway settings for Paypal Pro to turn on the address field.

In authorize.net, there is a simple field to turn it on. How do I do it for Paypal Pro so I can capture address? Even the generic Paypal Pro has a field for asking for client's shipping address (which really should have an option for billing address since they can be different).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago #314177 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic automatic renewals with Authorize.net
The invoice address is always passed to the gateway. Ensure it is enabled within CBSubs > Settings > Baskets. This will be sent as the billing address for PayPal Pro.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 7 months ago #314179 by AdvisorProducts
Do you mean cbsubs\settings\DISPLAY TAB\baskets?

I've checked every tab under settings and don't see anything about including address. Can you please be more specific what I'm looking for?
Thank you!

4 years 7 months ago #314181 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic automatic renewals with Authorize.net
Sorry, it's under CBSubs > Settings > Display > Invoices. Specifically under the "Frontend invoice display settings" fieldset and toggle off/on with "Invoicing address handling at payment time".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 7 months ago #314182 by AdvisorProducts
Thank you for the details. I've turned that on and will see if that solves the issue. Is there a reason though you don't add the ability to turn on address fields in the Paypal Pro Gateway like it can be turned on in other gateways? That would seem to be make sense and avoid AVS issues with Paypal Pro.

4 years 7 months ago #314183 by AdvisorProducts
In my testing, I see that by default it pulls the user's name from their community builder user name field. If they use a nickname at signup instead of their proper name (like shown on their credit card), they have to modify the invoice address details. Then when they choose to check out using Paypal Pro gateway for credit cards, the name field there again shows the nickname requiring them to once again change it. It is not good practice to require the client to go through multiple screens to attempt a checkout. You really need to add the address fields directly to the checkout box. When can you get this patched to do so? There is no reason at all to not have it since most processors require at least some type of AVS. Your decision to drop Authorize.net recurring billing updates is one thing but now using Paypal Pro (one of your recommended processors) is creating unnecessary headaches. Please tell me you plan to add the address option to Paypal Pro very soon. It's the correct solution to making Paypal Pro work correctly without requiring the use of a workaround. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn