automatic renewals with Authorize.net

4 years 7 months ago #314192 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic automatic renewals with Authorize.net

Is there a reason though you don't add the ability to turn on address fields in the Paypal Pro Gateway like it can be turned on in other gateways? That would seem to be make sense and avoid AVS issues with Paypal Pro.

That's a good question. I'm not sure why some gateways were developed this way. Have added a feature ticket to enable that parameter.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7709

I see that by default it pulls the user's name from their community builder user name field. If they use a nickname at signup instead of their proper name (like shown on their credit card), they have to modify the invoice address details.

You can select what fields it maps within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Invoices, but ideally a user shouldn't be supplying a nickname for Name. Regardless if you allow editing of invoice address it's not an issue for them to change it there before payment.

It is not good practice to require the client to go through multiple screens to attempt a checkout.

I agree.

You really need to add the address fields directly to the checkout box. When can you get this patched to do so? There is no reason at all to not have it since most processors require at least some type of AVS.

I'll be fixing the missing parameter today. If reviewed and merged today then the fix will be released today.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago #314196 by AdvisorProducts
Replied by AdvisorProducts on topic automatic renewals with Authorize.net
Thank you for your response!
I agree that it would be nice if clients did not use nicknames when signing up but I can think of no good way to stop that.
For example people named Wiliam frequently go by Bill and that's how they signup, not thinking future payments would require a credit card with William on it. At least when it comes time to fill out the checkout fields they know to make it match what's on their card - but it isn't obvious they need to make that 'invoicing address' section match too. After I turned it on yesterday, a client signed up and didn't know to modify the details of that window too and the payment was rejected. I have high hopes that once you add the address fields capability to Paypal Pro, and the invoice address can be turned back off, that having the checkout details all being filled out in one area will resolve the issues. Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

4 years 7 months ago #314216 by krileon
This is now fixed in the latest CBSubs build. You should see the parameter within your PayPal Pro gateway after updating.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 7 months ago #314231 by AdvisorProducts
Thank you for the fast update!
We also maintain an older site on joomla 2.5.28 with a lot of custom code preventing is from doing a simple joomla update to 3.x.
Is it ok to run the most recent builds of CB and CBSubs on 2.5.x?

Our main site (joomla 3) has the most recent builds of everything, just curious if the newest CB and CBSubs will work ok on an older joomla site.

4 years 7 months ago #314233 by krileon

We also maintain an older site on joomla 2.5.28 with a lot of custom code preventing is from doing a simple joomla update to 3.x.
Is it ok to run the most recent builds of CB and CBSubs on 2.5.x?

We do not test on or support Joomla 2.5 anymore. Make sure you've a reliable backup before updating anything on Joomla 2.5.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

4 years 6 months ago #314495 by AdvisorProducts
Still having a problem with Paypal Pro on our site that's running the most current versions of joomla and CBsubs. We get the same IPN error when the recurring charge is processed. It fails to report the charge back to CBSubs. The error is: paypalpro Paypal IPN fraud attempt. ERROR: paypal subscription IPN type subscr_cancel for a basket without auto-recurring items: Invalid transaction. Please contact site administrator to check error log.

The error makes no sense since it does have a basket with an auto-recurring item.
Paypal team has looked into it and said: 'According to our logs, all the IPNs are getting delivered to your IPN url which are generally of the following forms:

advisors4advisors.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpgacctno=5&do=gw&result=notify&format=raw

advisors4advisors.com/index2.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&user=1210&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpaidsubscriptionsmethod=paypal&cbpaidsubscriptionsgacctno=2&cbpaidsubscriptionspdtback=128a55c33b66c977ae2873e27244ff5a&cbpaidsubscriptionsbasket=1560&result=notify&cbpid=cbp5065daa63dd69493613310&no_html=1&format=raw

We are not seeing any IPN which have been failed from our end. '

Oddly, the outdated version of CBSubs running on our outdated joomla receives the IPN report back correctly! I have triple checked that the url assigned by cbsubs is configured correctly in Paypal and it is. Any ideas are appreciated.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn