seperated profile edits

4 years 9 months ago #313306 by ericmuc
seperated profile edits was created by ericmuc
Do have an advice, how I can have following situation:
1) User edit: tab with login details, account deletion, new password etc.
2) User edit: tab 1, tab 2, tab 3
3) User edit: tab 4
If I have all in one profile edit, too many fields are loaded and saved and that takes much time. And mandatory fields may hidden in tabs and the user must search for them. So it would be good, to seperate some data edits and basically the edit of the login details from all other fields.
Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #313307 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic seperated profile edits
It's not possible to split profile edit. Best I can suggest is use CB Core Fields Ajax and allow people to edit their profile from profile view so they can do it field by field as they see fit. You can also use CB Conditional to show/hide fields/tabs based off other fields values to reduce down the information requested of them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 9 months ago #313308 by ericmuc
Replied by ericmuc on topic seperated profile edits

krileon wrote: It's not possible to split profile edit. Best I can suggest is use CB Core Fields Ajax and allow people to edit their profile from profile view so they can do it field by field as they see fit. You can also use CB Conditional to show/hide fields/tabs based off other fields values to reduce down the information requested of them.

That would be a wish for the future! Basically seperate login data editing.
I will use RS!Form Pro but this is double work, because I have to create there all fields again and work with data queries.

4 years 9 months ago #313309 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic seperated profile edits
There are no plans to implement support for splitting up profile edit. Your users do not have to fill out their entire profile at once as long as you didn't mark a significant amount of fields as required.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn