CBSubs & Stripe issue

4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #314070 by nvad2018!
CBSubs & Stripe issue was created by nvad2018!
Hi,

I currently have 2 issues (that may or may not be related) with CBSubs:

1. If I access CB Plugin Mgmt I can see I'm running CBSubs 4.3.1 in the list of all plugins.
If I go to CBSub payment dashboard it shows at the top "unable to contact update server, error 0"
If I got the CBSub Settings -> Global , it shows installed version '---' and latest version available ' ? ? ' , both in red.

2. I have successfully used the stripe test server for test payments in the past. Currently test payments fail with a very generic error: " stripe Single payment unknown error: Submitted payment didn't return an error but didn't complete. "
Looking at the Developer dashboard in Stripe, I do see the API and Webhook calls being registered as successful and no errors in the Strip log.
I'm adding a screenshot of the end-user view with the errors shown.

Note:
I have configured webhooks.
API version selected in CBSubs is 2018-02-05 , also tested 2019-03-14 (latest option in CBSubs)
API version selected in Stripe is 2018-07-27. I have also tested this with 2019-08-14. Those are the only options I have to select in Stripe as API versions.
CB version 2.4.2+build.2019.08.26.19.00.58.18087aaa5
Joomla version 3.9.11

Let me know if you need more detail.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago #314071 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs & Stripe issue

1. If I access CB Plugin Mgmt I can see I'm running CBSubs 4.3.1 in the list of all plugins.
If I go to CBSub payment dashboard it shows at the top "unable to contact update server, error 0"
If I got the CBSub Settings -> Global , it shows installed version '---' and latest version available ' ? ? ' , both in red.

Your server is blocking communication with ours causing the version check to fail. Could be a firewall setting or could be a installed security extension. It's not critical to the functionality of the plugin though as it's just a version checker.

2. I have successfully used the stripe test server for test payments in the past. Currently test payments fail with a very generic error: " stripe Single payment unknown error: Submitted payment didn't return an error but didn't complete. "
Looking at the Developer dashboard in Stripe, I do see the API and Webhook calls being registered as successful and no errors in the Strip log.
I'm adding a screenshot of the end-user view with the errors shown.

Navigate to CBSubs > History Log to review the errors. Be sure to also check CBSubs > Notifications for any failed notifications.

API version selected in CBSubs is 2018-02-05 , also tested 2019-03-14 (latest option in CBSubs)
API version selected in Stripe is 2018-07-27. I have also tested this with 2019-08-14. Those are the only options I have to select in Stripe as API versions.

It's safe to set the Stripe API within your Stripe account to 2019-08-14 (latest). Then within CBSubs Stripe set the version to 2019-03-14. We only add a new version when breaking changes that impact CBSubs Stripe are made to Stripes API so in most cases it's fine to use latest.

Are all Stripe payment methods having issues or just iDEAL?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #314075 by nvad2018!
Replied by nvad2018! on topic CBSubs & Stripe issue
I have set the API versions as indicated. Thanks for clarifying.

I just tested again with iDeal (its the payment type we want to use); after registration form, we get to the payment form. Clicking the payment button forwards us to the Stripe test page. I can select Pass or Fail the payment. I select Pass. I get send back to our website and the errors shown in the original screenshot are seen again.
Logs section of CBSubs shows:
- Info - User subscription record created with status: R
- Info - Store payment basket
- Error - stripe Stripe Sources API HTTPS POST request to payment gateway server failed.: Submitted source request didn't return an error but didn't complete. Please contact site administrator to check error log.
- Error - stripe Single payment unknown error: Submitted payment didn't return an error but didn't complete.

No other errors seen.

CBSubs Notifications only shows old entries using Stripe test with iDeal that completed successful. It shows no recent notifications.

Stripe Developer dashboard shows API & webhook request as successful.

Next I tested MasterCard. (we are not going to use it, but testing anyway): after registration form, we get to the payment form. Clicking the payment button, add the MasterCard details. Click submit. Errors in the log:
- Error - NOTICE: Undefined index: cvv in /var/www/vhosts/nvad.nl/httpdocs/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/processors/stripe/cbpaidsubscriptions.stripe.php on line 581
- Error - stripe Single payment error returned 8888: Submitted payment didn't return an error but didn't complete. Please contact site administrator to check error log.

Let me know if you need more.

4 years 6 months ago #314077 by krileon

- Error - stripe Stripe Sources API HTTPS POST request to payment gateway server failed.: Submitted source request didn't return an error but didn't complete. Please contact site administrator to check error log.

Your server is unable to reach Stripe via HTTPS cURL call. The same issue you're having with the version checker. Something is configured wrong on your server as it's not able to communicate with external servers. Without that being fixed you won't be able to really use any payment gateway properly. Recommend contacting your host and having them take a look.

- Error - NOTICE: Undefined index: cvv in //components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/processors/stripe/cbpaidsubscriptions.stripe.php on line 581

Looks like "Ask for CCV2/CVC2/CID" was disabled within CBSubs > Settings > Credit Cards, which is required by Stripe and many other gateways. Have added a bug ticket to account for this, but regardless it has to be enabled for Stripe.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7703

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #314078 by nvad2018!
Replied by nvad2018! on topic CBSubs & Stripe issue
Thanks. Done some more testing:
I can see that the Mastercard payment button isnt getting to Stripe as the Stripe Dev dashboard doesnt show a hit on the API.
I switched the 'Payment Button method' to 'Hosted'; got no hit on the API and got the error "stripe Stripe Checkout API HTTPS POST request to payment gateway server failed."

This seems to confirm something is blocking the connection.

As this is a hosted server; got any pointers on where to look? The apache log's seem show have no errors.

4 years 6 months ago #314081 by krileon
Could be a firewall configured by your host, could be mod_security blocking the request, could be PHP incorrectly configured and not allowing outbound HTTPS calls, could be a Joomla security extension (unlikely, but possible). Best approach is to contact your host regarding outbound HTTPS calls failing.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn