CBSubs invoicing address

4 years 6 months ago #314089 by activha
CBSubs invoicing address was created by activha
Hi

We have a question regarding the recurring subscription with recurring payments and addresses.

Some customers change their addresses at CB when they move, and it seems like the address on recurring invoices is not updated in this case.

Is it possible to alter CBSubs so that it uses the latest address updated by the customer, or so that the customer has the ability to edit its billing address or add another one ?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago #314096 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs invoicing address
You mean edit the invoice address at the payment gateway? No, not unless the gateway provides an interface for you to do that for them manually. If you mean synchronize a CB field to CBSubs field you'd need to use CB Auto Actions to do that act on the after user update trigger. Otherwise they can update their invoice address the next time they make a payment.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #314102 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBSubs invoicing address
No I mean that we have lots of customers using SEPA recurring payments to they don't go to CBsubs except the first time.
Then the first registered address is used for invoicing even if the address has been updated a year later.
So how can we update the address on the next invoices except by changing the database ?

4 years 6 months ago #314104 by krileon
Create CB fields for managing their address and use CB Auto Actions to push those values to CBSubs. CBSubs invoice address is actually hidden CB fields. At some point we need to change them so they can be actual fields displayed in profile edit/registration so there's no more synchronization issues. This won't help for the address at Stripe though, which you'd need to manually change.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

4 years 6 months ago #314108 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBSubs invoicing address
On what trigger would you suggest to act if we want to automatically edit the billing address ?

4 years 6 months ago #314116 by krileon
If you're using CB fields to push to CBSubs you'd use the onAfterUpdateUser and onAfterUserUpdate to account for frontend and backend profile edits. This would just update the invoice address for future payments though. Existing invoices won't change as the invoice address information gets stored with the basket in _cbsubs_payment_baskets.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn