CB Profile Marked as Private or Unsearchable

4 years 6 months ago #314118 by smanderscheid
CB Profile Marked as Private or Unsearchable was created by smanderscheid
Hello there,

I have some users that want access to our web community but don't want to be listed in our online directory or be about to be found via search. Is there a setting or plugin that can help with this? I currently have our lists filtering appropriately, I just want to make sure that these users won't be found via search.

Thanks!
Stacey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago #314120 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Profile Marked as Private or Unsearchable
Install CB Privacy and enable the Profile Privacy field. They can then mark their profiles Private and won't show on userlists unless view by themselves or a moderator. Alternative is to create a checkbox field then filter your userlist to those that haven't checked the box (e.g. cb_checkbox Not Equal To 1). Then they just need to check the box to be hidden from your userlist.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #314333 by smanderscheid
Replied by smanderscheid on topic CB Profile Marked as Private or Unsearchable
Thanks so much for your response. I was trying to figure out how to set up the Privacy plugin, but I just can't seem to figure it out ( and i did look through the documentation and video tutorials). When I configure it based on what I think it should be, the plugin only offers a "Private" value for selection, and I thought there would be at least two options, basically "Private" or "Available to Other Registered Users" (which i know is wordy but the best way i can describe it). I just want an all or nothing for these folks so they cant be shown on a list (which we've used an omit filter for list) but also not searchable.

Perhaps I missed a setting?

Thanks for any advice!

Stacey

4 years 6 months ago #314336 by krileon
You disabled too many privacy rules. Since you want all or nothing then only allow for Public and Private privacy rules, but since you just want all or nothing the simplest approach is to just use a checkbox field to show/hide them on your userlist.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #314337 by smanderscheid
Replied by smanderscheid on topic CB Profile Marked as Private or Unsearchable
How would I keep them from showing up in a search?

4 years 6 months ago #314339 by krileon
CB Privacy already keeps them from showing up in search if the viewing user doesn't match the privacy set. So if it's set to Private then they'll show on the userlist only when they themselves are viewing the userlist or if a moderator is. For the checkbox field it's a single Yes/No selection and you'd filter your userlist based off that field to hide anyone who has marked it (e.g. FIELD_NAME Not Equal To 1).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn