custom fields in groups? 1:n data sets

4 years 6 months ago #314255 by ericmuc
Hi,
I need something like 1:n data sets, I mean user profile and x-times related data sets, like the scenario, that the user can add multiple ads in the website.
I don't want to install a further component with a CB plugin, but probably I can use groups for that (ok, I have to change it a little bit).
But the main question is for this strategy, whether it would be possible to add custom fields to groups.
Or do you have future plans to add such a function in CB?
Thanks, best regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago #314275 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic custom fields in groups? 1:n data sets
Only way to add custom fields to groups at this time is to develop a GJ integration to do just that. It's possible to handle displaying a new parameter in group edit and storing it with CB Auto Actions, but then displaying it on the group it self gets a lot more complicated. Yes, we've future plans to add support for this once we'd rewritten our field API to be more generic.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #314353 by ericmuc
Replied by ericmuc on topic custom fields in groups? 1:n data sets
Thank you, yes, it is a pity that groups are not expandable at the moment by standard. I wish there was a 1:n possibility with all the possibilities that are already present in the fields of the user profile. This could be used to create applications, that would be really cool. Well, I'm going to implement a third party application for this purpose now in CB and will miss all the CB possibilities there.

4 years 6 months ago #314359 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic custom fields in groups? 1:n data sets
That's just not possible yet until we redo how our fields are designed. Once they've been rewritten to be generic then in theory we can apply them to any object whether it's a GJ group, a CB Gallery photo, etc.. to allow for more extendable edit views.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericmuc

4 years 6 months ago #314360 by ericmuc
Replied by ericmuc on topic custom fields in groups? 1:n data sets
with these possibilities I would love to build up all areas of my website with CB, ok, sometimes you have a dream :-))

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn