Make "Using Substitutions throughout CB" easier to find

4 years 5 months ago #315062 by boyjahq
For many of us who are deep diving into the full functionality of Community Builder and its many addons, one of the most used pages is "Using Substitutions throughout CB". However, it is a challenge to find it when we need it!

Try searching the site for "substitutions" using the sidebar search and you will get 3 pages of links (default 50 links/page), with the one link needed found on page 3, item# 110 out of 146. That link tells us that the articles is listed under "(Tutorials)". Turns out that it can be found by going to Documentation / Community Builder / Tutorials.

I know it is a small thing, but the fact that it is not intuitive to find it, means that many users are not likely to see it or use it. Which leads to possibly unnecessary forum posts that you guys then have to respond to.

My suggestion? Please make a link to it on the main Documentation page. It will be easier to find for first timers as well as those of us that use it often.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago #315067 by krileon
I'm not sure exactly where you want the link. It's already listed directly on the documentations page under Popular section on the right.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 5 months ago #315084 by boyjahq
My suggestion? Please make a link to it on the main Documentation page. It will be easier to find for first timers as well as those of us that use it often.

4 years 5 months ago #315086 by krileon
By main documentation page do you mean the below page?

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation

It's already there under Popular.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn