[#7806] CB Connect windows live

4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #315851 by activha
[#7806] CB Connect windows live was created by activha
Hello

Do you have an updated reference guide to set up a CB Connect plugin with Microsoft/windows live app ?

It seems that the old links are not working any longer

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 3 months ago #315852 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect windows live

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #315854 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Connect windows live
thanks ! Can I use Microsoft identity platform endpoint instead of Live platform ?

Also on CB Connect I have a question regarding css.
We defined CB Connect buttons with icons and texts for CB Login modules. But for a special CB Login Module located at the top of the page (like yours) we would like to display on Icons and no text.
I defined a special css class in the module but could it be possible to add the choices icon/text/both inside the CB login modules ?

for now I use
/*suppression des textes sur login haut*/
.no-networks .cbConnectButton.cbConnectButtonIconText {
	text-indent: -9999px;
	width: 25px;
}
.no-networks .cbConnectButton.cbConnectButtonIconText.cbConnectButtonFacebook::before {
	display: inline-block;
    font-style: normal;
    font-variant: normal;
    text-rendering: auto;
    -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;
    font-family: "Font Awesome 5 Brands"; 
    content: "\f39e";
    text-indent: 9999px;
}
.no-networks .cbConnectButton.cbConnectButtonIconText.cbConnectButtonGoogle::before {
    content: "\f1a0";
    text-indent: 9996px;
}
.no-networks .cbConnectButton.cbConnectButtonIconText.cbConnectButtonLinkedin::before {
    content: "\f0e1";
}
.no-networks .cbConnectButton.cbConnectButtonIconText.cbConnectButtonWindowslive::before {
    content: "\f17a";
}
.no-networks .cbConnectButton.cbConnectButtonIconText {
	margin-top: 0px !important;
	margin-right: 10px !important;
}

thanks

4 years 3 months ago #315863 by krileon

Can I use Microsoft identity platform endpoint instead of Live platform ?

The implementation in CB Connect uses the Live endpoint as shown in the link provided above.

I defined a special css class in the module but could it be possible to add the choices icon/text/both inside the CB login modules ?

No, CB Connect is not bound by a specific module and is just acting on a trigger to output its buttons. It has no means of extending Joomla module parameters as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 months ago #315876 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Connect windows live

The implementation in CB Connect uses the Live endpoint as shown in the link provided above

This is no longer provided by Microsoft which redirects to the app management of the Azure portal.

It is possible to register a new application on this portal but the redirect url forbids query parameters in the url. So the url provided by CB Connect is not accepted by the portal.

Any suggestion to use this ?

4 years 3 months ago #315878 by krileon
Try supplying it without the parameters and see if it works then. The callback URL with the parameters is sent with their API request so that should work fine unless they validate a 1:1 to the callback URL supplied in the application. Have added a bug ticket to investigate further as seams they broke backwards compatibility when they moved their APIs/Documentation.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7806

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn