Use results from multi-select dropdown to change user group

4 years 3 months ago #315923 by 3cellhosting
Hi Kyle,

That worked for me - thanks.

just for others who find this thread...

Conditions
1: [var1_cb_demo] Not Equal To [var3_cb_demo]

I had to select from a dropdown and in the above example there is no option for var1_ to be prefixed. I tried without it and it still worked.

For my porject we have people who change roles so we need to assign and unassign user groups accordingly. So Kyle's solution works well but we also created an action for "Does not contain" and set action as "Remove User Group".

Cheers

David

David
www.3cellhosting.com - where personality, creativity and integrity come as standard.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 3 months ago #315928 by krileon

I had to select from a dropdown and in the above example there is no option for var1_ to be prefixed. I tried without it and it still worked.

That condition ensures the fields value was changed before executing the auto action. It prevents the auto action from executing over and over on every save. I don't recommend removing it. You're not meant to change the var1_ or var3_ in those substitutions, but you're meant to replace cb_demo with whatever your fields name is in those substitutions. So you'd have the below for example.

[var1_cb_profiletype] Not Equal To [var3_cb_profiletype]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 months ago #315930 by 3cellhosting
Hi Kyle,

That field does not allow me to add var1_

It just saves as the field name from the dropdown that is part of that page.

How can I add var1_ to the dropdown selector?

Regards

David

David
www.3cellhosting.com - where personality, creativity and integrity come as standard.

4 years 3 months ago #315935 by krileon
You need to use a Custom > Value substitution. This lets you supply a Custom Value that supports substitutions, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn