[SOLVED] PMS: "New message"-button only for premium plan

4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #316902 by zahmundzornig
We use the internal Community Builder PMS.

We have two plans:
1. A basic plan, where user can only RECEIVE PMS messages and ANSWER received messages.
2. A premium plan, where user can RECEIVE PMS messages, ANSWER received messages and write NEW messages.

I can handle the most things in conditional fields. That works.
BUT when I click on the PMS envelope icon in menu, I see my income messages and the button "new message" on top. How can I control this button? I like to deactivate this button for plan 1. an activate it for plan 2.

Thank you!

www.zahmundzornig.de thanx joomlapolis for the great work and support!
Build with CB: www.jaii.de

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #316907 by krileon
There is no means of configuring create access for private messages at this time. That's a planned feature in a future release to allow limiting communication between users and moderators, users and their connections, or a view access level. In your case you'd use a view access level. Best I can suggest is use By URL Part protection provided by CBSubs Content and limit the following URL to restrict the button.

option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=pms.mypmspro&action=messages&func=new

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 month ago #316913 by zahmundzornig
Replied by zahmundzornig on topic PMS: "New message"-button only for premium plan
Ok, the URL "hack" works. The "Full access granted for" was enabled for "administrator", so your idea didn´t work for me on first try. I deactivated this and now the button is not working in the plan. Perfect.

It would be great to have this feature in future. Some dating websites works with this limitations in communication for free plans/paid plans.

Thank you for your quick support!

4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #316917 by zahmundzornig
Your code
option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=pms.mypmspro&action=messages&func=new

works fine for the Button in the envelope area.

What ist the code for the message-link in the profile canvas area? I like to have the same "error message".
Where did I have to look for those URL codes? The Chrome Inspector gives me other codes. Did I have to look at the php file?

Attachments:

4 years 1 month ago #316932 by krileon
The URL provided is to the new PMS page. So it doesn't matter how you get there (e.g. button, link, etc..) it should be protected. It looks like you've 2 different links displaying there though. Is UddeIM installed? You should be using UddeIM or CBs Internal PMS but not both.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #316935 by zahmundzornig
I´ve two different links:

Button-Link in envelope area (works: sending new messages is not allowed)
pluginclass/pms.mypmspro/new?return

Text-Link in the profile, I like to send a message (didn´t work: I can send message)
pluginclass/pms.mypmspro/message/new/15155?return

I think the part "message" and/or "151155" interrupt the code

Yes, actually both PMS are visible. But only for me, not for the users. That will be change.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.408 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn