[SOLVED] CBSubs hide field based on Plan not hiding

4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #317229 by bizguy
I have CBSubs installed and configured with 2 plans.
Each plan is set to hide a specific field(s) however all fields show on registration.
Each plan is called by the unique URL for the plan.

Not sure what else I can do to enable this feature.

Joomla 3.9.16
CB 2.4.4+build.2020.03.17.21.05.15.8869dd899
CBSubs 4.3.1+build.2020.03.03.22.31.48.6b6091d76

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #317237 by bizguy
Replied by bizguy on topic CBSubs hide field based on Plan not hiding
I can provide a URL to the development site and admin access is necessary.

4 years 1 month ago #317239 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs hide field based on Plan not hiding
Press F12 to open your browsers developer console. See if there's any fatal JS errors (they'll be red) on the Console tab. JS errors could prevent the JS from hiding fields. Also if you're conditioning the fields with CB Conditional you won't be able to condition them with CBSubs as it's either/or and not both.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bizguy

4 years 1 month ago #317241 by bizguy
Thanks Kyle.

Yes I had checked the error console and nothing was showing as a problem. I just solved the issue as well.

Because I was using the direct URL to access each single plan, I had disabled displaying the plan information at Registration. This apparently also disabled hiding fields identified in the plan. Once I enabled displaying the plan, the hidden fields acted as expected.

Thanks again for your help,

Stay healthy!

Ed
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

4 years 3 weeks ago #317555 by bizguy
Interesting development, in that the client didn't want the plan info displaying at registration, so I was able to hide the plan output, yet still have the correct fields displaying using the following CSS on the registration page:

#cbfr_cbregplans {
   display: none;
}

Just putting it here for the next time I run into this situation.

Ed

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn