Any "Template or Style" for Joomla articles autopublished on CB Feed?

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #317425 by Aless76
Dear JoomlaPolis staff,

I'm using autoactions to publish new joomla articles on CB feed, and everything is working fine... But I noticed that in the CB feed the article published doesn't contain the image of the joomla article (neither intro or full article image).

So I'd like to ask you if there is a method to make the CB feed similar to the Joomla article, a sort of "default template" to use with the feed..
In this way autoactions plugin will take joomla's article with the image and will publish both in the CB feed in an "aesthetically good way".

For example if I create a new blog directly in CB, the post is arranged in a very good way with images, links and so on... Is there anything to make joomla articles autopublished look so good too?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Alessandro

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #317429 by krileon
It passes the HTML formatted introtext through Joomla content plugins and outputs the results. So images in the article itself should display fine. Aside from that yes you can customize it as it is template driven. The template for article activity can be found below.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates/default/core/display/article.php

Do not modify the default template files though as you will lose your changes when you update. Make a new folder in the templates folder. Example as follows.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates/custom

Now add the paths like the default template. Example as follows.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates/custom/core/display

Next copy over the article.php file. You can now select your template for your stream to be "custom". It will fallback any missing files to "default" so it should only need to include the files you want to change. In this case you'll only need article.php where you can change the article display to whatever you like.

Have also added a feature ticket to see about improving the article activity display.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7904

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aless76

3 years 11 months ago #317445 by Aless76
Hi Krileon,
thanks for the quick support as always. :-)

I will trying to customize the article.php (but I already know 99% I won't be able.. :'-( )

In any case I hope you will implement this feature in the next 5.1 release... :-)

Thanks again and keep safe!

Alessandro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.399 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn