Gallery Issues

3 years 11 months ago #317502 by wbuk
Gallery Issues was created by wbuk
Issue 1
When a folder is created there is a filed that is mandatory called the OWNER. It is already prefilled with the user_id. Some students are changing or deleting this and this is then causing upload issues. As the field is already prefilled in, is it possible to have an option that allows us to hide this field? I have tried searching in the field list for OWNER but it is not there.

Issue 2
In both Opera and Chrome, when you upload a file, the Folder Selection box, overlaps the file title box. Also, the folder selection box says, NON, it would be better if it said, "Choose a Folder" as it is unclear as to what it is for. Finally, just a thought from me, possible the Title box could be pre-filled with the filename, so they can use that or change it. but that last one is just a thought for ease of use.

Web Buster UK Ltd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #317504 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Gallery Issues

Issue 1
When a folder is created there is a filed that is mandatory called the OWNER. It is already prefilled with the user_id. Some students are changing or deleting this and this is then causing upload issues. As the field is already prefilled in, is it possible to have an option that allows us to hide this field? I have tried searching in the field list for OWNER but it is not there.

They should've never had the ability to see owner to begin with. This means they have CB Moderator permissions. Only moderators can change ownership. Ensure you've Moderator View Access Level configured properly in CB > Configuration > Moderation. It's recommended to create a new view access level that strictly includes the usergroups you want to have moderator permissions.

In both Opera and Chrome, when you upload a file, the Folder Selection box, overlaps the file title box

Can you provide a screenshot of this issue? Sounds like a styling conflict specific to your install? I'm seeing no overlap in my tests. Could be due to having an album with a very long name.

Also, the folder selection box says, NON, it would be better if it said, "Choose a Folder" as it is unclear as to what it is for.

I've no idea why it would say "NON" the default album selection should be "None". I'm guessing a bad language translation or some sort of styling bug causing it to be cut off. Hovering the input tells you it's for album selection. Using "Choose a Folder" would cause the input to be larger than it needs to be. Will review adding a CB Gallery specific language key for this so it's easier to translate it to whatever you like.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7907

Finally, just a thought from me, possible the Title box could be pre-filled with the filename, so they can use that or change it. but that last one is just a thought for ease of use.

The filename is a fallback if there is no title supplied. I don't see the point in saving the filename to title in that case. Title is not mandatory. This is noted on hover where it tells you title is optional and that it will fallback to filename.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #317509 by wbuk
Replied by wbuk on topic Gallery Issues
Sorry, that was a typo, it does say NONE.
I also need to apologise as I am a moderator and was looking at it, it was another teacher that mentioned not a student. I have checked as a student and that is correct the OWNER box does not appear.

Web Buster UK Ltd
Attachments:

3 years 11 months ago #317510 by wbuk

wbuk wrote: Sorry, that was a typo, it does say NONE.
I also need to apologise as I am a moderator and was looking at it, it was another teacher that mentioned not a student. I have checked as a student and that is correct the OWNER box does not appear.

The problem is NONE is not clear. It does not refer to folders or the fact they can pick a folder, I have had 47 emails asking about None in one day fro students. Could it not say, "Pick a Folder" and None be one of the options in the list?

Web Buster UK Ltd

3 years 11 months ago #317512 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Gallery Issues
The overlap is a styling conflict coming from somewhere. It displays correctly on our demo site and in my tests. Switch to default Joomla protostar template to see if issue persists as it could be styling from your template.

Album is not required. So "Pick a Album" doesn't make any sense if you don't want to pick an album. That's why the default is "None" and having 2 options for no selection isn't a valid option for select inputs. It explains what that is on hover. If the hover tooltip isn't showing for you then something is breaking it on your site. Regardless I have already made a feature ticket to add a language key specific to that usage so it can be overridden to whatever you want in a later release.

Instead of adding a specific language key will also review just doing a 2 line usage like the following.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

3 years 11 months ago #317513 by wbuk
We can't move to ProStar, the entire site is live and used by schools. The whole system is built around the template called.

Gantry
Using the Helium layout.

Gantry is a very popular system, we have only had one issue where an extension supplier has had to make a small change to the code and the change made meant it was still compatible with ProStar and other templates.

As for Album, we don't seem to have that wording on ours, else I am sure we would have changed it to:- Choose Folder
If you could test it with Gantry it would be very much appreciated.

Web Buster UK Ltd

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.302 seconds