CB Blogs with GroupJive

4 years 3 weeks ago #317562 by activha
CB Blogs with GroupJive was created by activha
Hello

Would it be possible to add CB Blogs to a single GroupJive group or category.

We would like group users to be able to write articles within a GroupJive sandbox so that they would not be displayed outside by default. Only specific articles marked as public would be available

Is that feasible ?

thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 3 weeks ago #317565 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Blogs with GroupJive
No, CB Blogs is only designed to function as profile blogs. Maybe consider just using stream posts? You can integrate CB Activity into GJ using the provided system actions in CB Auto Actions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 weeks ago #317566 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Blogs with GroupJive
Yes I have integrated CB Activity and CB Gallery and it works fine :-)

Is it possible at one point to make one stream post public and link to it ? How can I use for instance tags with streams to make a private tag public then publish it ?

4 years 3 weeks ago #317570 by krileon

Is it possible at one point to make one stream post public and link to it ?

You can actually already link to an activity entry, but there's no feature to easily share those links yet. Such a feature is planned with the Share API that is not yet implemented. The below is the link structure if you want to try it. It will attempt to rebuild a stream to check permissions.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbactivity&action=activity&id=ACTIVITY_ID_HERE

How can I use for instance tags with streams to make a private tag public then publish it ?

I don't understand what you mean by this. Tags in CB Activity are just tagging something with someone. It doesn't really do anything beyond that unless whatever you're adding those tags to decides to do something with those tags.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318276 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Blogs with GroupJive
What I'd like to do is to link a k2 category to a group id, in order to be able to display all activities/blog post/comments regarding this category and its articles in the group stream.

I thought at using activities, but it seems that the asset is only blog.xxx so what would you suggest to achieve it ?

Posting in stream is fine but only for small text, for longer blogs we would need CB Blog (configured with K2)

3 years 11 months ago #318279 by krileon

I thought at using activities, but it seems that the asset is only blog.xxx so what would you suggest to achieve it ?

No idea. Blogs and K2 articles have no clue a group exists. I don't see how you'd determine what group the create article and create blog pages even belong to.

Posting in stream is fine but only for small text, for longer blogs we would need CB Blog (configured with K2)

Long posts should work fine in streams. If they're too long for a standard mobile and desktop view (800px is the maximum tolerance) it will create a read more link to reduce it down to 400px.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn