[SOLVED] Is it possible to use different gateway behaviours for different plans?

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #318033 by JerryK132
We have various long-term membership using CBSubs. We use basic paypal gateways. These allow manual, card, recurring or single payments. We have just introduced a monthly plan which we would like to allow only auto-recurring payments. Can we select different payment gateway behaviours for individual plans?

Thanks

Jerry

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #318042 by krileon
You can assign gateways to plans using the Owner ID parameter in both. So for example if you've a plan with an Owner ID of 2 it will only show gateways that also have an Owner ID of 2 I don't think you need to use this functionality for what you're wanting though. You should be able to just set "Auto-recurring renewals (*):" to "Yes: subscribe user to automatic recurring payments (*)" under the Pricing tab of your plan to restrict it to recurring payments only.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318227 by JerryK132
Many thanks, Krileon. Copying the plan and changing the Owner ID did the trick, allowing us to use monthly recurring payments (only) alongside other plans..

Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #318566 by JerryK132
We thought it was working but that's intermittent. Some users manage to subscribe and others don't. The ones that don't, receive a message (attached) from PayPal and the item becomes a manual payment (unpaid) instead of a recurring payment. The message occurs on clicking the pay/subscribe button - without reaching the cards page.

There seems to be no pattern differentiating between the two except that successful payments show as Mandatory in the Autorenew Type column as opposed to Manual.

So the gateway (Owner ID=1) works, but not every time.

Any further thoughts?

Thanks
Jerry
Attachments:

3 years 11 months ago #318572 by krileon
I don't see how Owner ID could only sometimes work. Even if a payment fails it sends them back to basket with the plan and its associated gateways. Failing a payment won't suddenly change them to a new plan with a different owner id. Are you able to confirm this yourself? It's likely your users are cancelling the basket and going for manual payment when the auto recurring attempt fails.

As for why it failed I don't know as PayPals error message is vague in this regard, but it's usually due to incorrect configuration in the gateway settings, your PayPal account, currency issues, etc... It can even be a temporary issue with PayPal. Sometimes it's due to "Encrypted Website Payments" being enabled, but this typically should always be left on.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #318647 by JerryK132
Thanks, yes it makes no sense, but I have the listings to prove it!

Here are some points which may help to focus on the problem(s):
Our monthly plan has been around but never enabled or used for a year or so. I didn't create a new plan when I changed its Owner ID and enabled it - I reused/completed the existing one.
The plan was enabled for a couple of days before we obtained a valid PP credentials. A couple of ppl may have tried to use this plan and failed before we inserted the credentials.
We have ticked PP gateway's send inv and email address and telno - even if these are blank
I have tried the plan and the payment usually fails on pressing the payment button - it doesn't get to the PayPal site - apart from the PP error msg.

What I've noticed is that if a user's payment fails, the user is set to a "try again to pay" manual mode and in that mode trying to pay fails. Even trying other plans fails at that point. But I'm wondering if the problem only occurs in that mode. I think that if the user cancels the payment on screen explicitly, they are not left in manual/try to pay mode. But I'll do some more testing to figure out how or why it gets into that mode in the first place. Plan is pretty identical with other working plans though except for dates and always recurring, obviously.

Our Encrypt paypal form is set to Plain-text in all cases.

We'll continue testing and will advise, but please advise if any of the above triggers a light bulb! :)

Further info!

We now have two test user records - they are very similar but distinct. One gets through to paypal (regardless of browser, btw) and the other doesn't! We've compared Joomla and CB info and we can see no obvious differences that might affect payments... Any ideas?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn