Attachments

3 years 10 months ago #318175 by wbuk
Attachments was created by wbuk
We have students wanting to submit work via the messaging system. We do like your new restrictions. The students need a way of attaching a file so the teacher can then get hold of it. Would you be able to look into this?

One great idea would be that the student can attach a file by either uploading or getting from their gallery.

Anyway, please could you help the teachers out by adding an attachment?

Web Buster UK Ltd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #318183 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Attachments
Attachments are planned to be support in private messages by CB Gallery. I do not have a timeframe for this integration. It will work similar to the CB Gallery integration in CB Activity.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wbuk

3 years 10 months ago #318381 by wbuk
Replied by wbuk on topic Attachments
Great, being able to use CB gallery as a way of attaching or attaching and having a copy placed in CB Gallery so it can be used again, would save so much server space and be more integrated.

During this lockdown, students are being asked to submit work to teachers. Teachers use the messaging systems all the time to communicate with students but the students are unable to send work unless we use uddlelM.

I know we have had the discussion so many times that CD PM is not an email system and that suddenly went over and above what it actually was supposed to be, but the fact remains many of us use it.

We have a number of special needs schools that love it because of the INBOX, SENT, TRASH, ARCHIVE, COMPOSE etc They learn to send a message and use an email system in a safe environment because of the ability to block and the bad words list etc.

I know you can't incorporate everything.

Web Buster UK Ltd

3 years 10 months ago #318392 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Attachments
We're not adding email features; there will never be an inbox, sent, trash, archive, compose, etc.. layout again for it. PMS will gradually move towards a chat like system. It's in its first phase of this now to transition to that from what UddeIM provided. Attachments will still be implemented by way of CB Gallery integration, but I have no idea the timeframe for when this will be implemented. If you think UddeIM is a better fit for your needs then use UddeIM.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wbuk

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds