CB Blogs K2 integration does not respect K2 groups authorization

3 years 2 days ago #324457 by activha
That was the intent of my first exchanges with K2 team :-)

The idea is to limit writing possibilities to specific categories to specific users while keeping public reading.

Is there a way to achieve this with K2 and CBBlogs/CBSubs without K2 groups ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 days ago #324458 by krileon

Is there a way to achieve this with K2 and CBBlogs/CBSubs without K2 groups ?

No, and with no API to filter the categories through K2 permissions I've no way of implementing support for that. If K2 can offer some sort of guidance on how to apply those permissions to a list of categories I've no issue with implementing it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 day ago #324464 by activha
I have asked joomlaworks team about it.

BTW I also have a question concerning CB Activity and CB Blogs (using K2 model) : would it be possible to link the url of the K2 item not only to the title but also to the Read More link or to the image ??

Read More works fine for internal blogs which are displayed in full in the timeline, but not for external K2 blogs and people tend to only read the intro text

3 years 1 day ago #324465 by krileon

BTW I also have a question concerning CB Activity and CB Blogs (using K2 model) : would it be possible to link the url of the K2 item not only to the title but also to the Read More link or to the image ??

Only way to do that is the override the template file for article activity and implement that yourself. The default file can be found below.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates/default/core/display/article.php

Add a new folder the templates folder then match the path. So you'll have something like the below.

/custom/core/display

Now copy article.php to it. Next in CB Activity select "custom" as the template. You can now freely entire the article.php to completely customize the activity display for articles.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324522 by activha
Thanks

Fotis wrote that This is what you want: github.com/getk2/k2/blob/master/administrator/components/com_k2/views/item/view.html.php#L308-L324

2 years 11 months ago #324529 by krileon
Have added a feature ticket to look into supporting that. My concern is if no permissions are setup in K2 yet what the defaults would do here. If the defaults just block regular Registered users from creating articles in those categories it will completely break CB Blogs. So this may be off by default with a parameter to toggle it on.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8477

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn