Feature request: CBSubs / Mailer Queue "Delete All" / "View Email"

3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #319387 by fdinkler
Iterative mailer testing requires reviewing and deleting the mail queue each iteration.
The number of emails generated can be large, and the existing queue delete scope is to delete only those emails displayed.

On my site, attempting to display and delete 500 emails or more will fail and I'm kicked out to the Joomla system dashboard.
Having a Delete All button would make testing much easier, regardless of the list display setting.

Also, there doesn't appear to be a way to view a single queued email, to review and validate the email contents as correct.
A "View Selected Email" button or having a list field linked to that feature, would be very helpful in testing.
Thanks,
Fred

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #319388 by beat
Good idea.

As a quick and quite good workaround solution, you can install PhpMyAdmin in a subfolder, and look at the #__cbsubs_mailer_mailqueue table. PhpMyAdmin has a convenient "Empty" link on the list of tables to quick-empty it, and clicking on a row in the table browse view gives quick access to the content.

Edit: For checking your mailer, you can also limit the mailer temporarily with "Maximum messages in total (0=unlimited)" to e.g. 5 or 10 mails.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn