Best way to create feedback mechanism on user profile

3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #319992 by boyjahq
I would like to add a tab to each member's profile that would allow other registered members to leave feedback or a comment about that member. What is the best way to do that? I have looked at CB Activity, but I'm not sure it will do exactly as as required and it includes lots or functionality that we don't need. I have tried using the Guestbook and Profile Wall elements of CB ProfileBook, but they allow the poster and the profile member to delete or unpublish entries. For our feedback system the poster should be able to edit their post and the profile owner should be able to add a reply to a post but only site administrators should have the ability to delete or unpublish a post or reply. This unpublish/delete restriction does not seem to be available in CB ProfileBook options. Is there a way within CB to create the kind of comment/feedback mechanism we need?

Guestbook seems like the closest fit if we could remove the ability for members to delete or unpublish...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 8 months ago #319994 by krileon
CB Activity would be the best way to do that. You don't have to use all the functionality of CB Activity though. For example you can unpublish the Activity tab in CB > Tab Management then use a Comments field for what you're wanting.

Guestbook seems like the closest fit if we could remove the ability for members to delete or unpublish...

That won't be possible unless you modify CB ProfileBook. CB ProfileBook itself will eventually be deprecated as its functionality is almost entirely replaced by CB Activity and CB Blogs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boyjahq

3 years 7 months ago #320140 by boyjahq
I have setup Activity Comments as you suggested and it seems to have all needed functionality. Is there a way to disable the "hide" functions? It is not suitable for our use and I think it will be confusing to many of our users. The main issue is that, if they choose to hide a particular post or all activity from a particular user, there doesn't appear to be any way for them to unhide it. Of course there is that option immediately available, but if they click the "x" on the unhide message or if they leave their profile and then return, the option to unhide does not appear to be available. This will lead to numerous support requests that it doesn't look like we can easily resolve without directly modifying the SQL table. Can we use CSS to hide the 3 little dots that give them access to the various "hide" functions?

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #320146 by krileon

Is there a way to disable the "hide" functions?

Not at this time, no. Have added a feature ticket to implement this in a future release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8137

Adding new parameters is frankly a nightmare right now since they're in something like 5-6 different locations so I don't know when this will be implemented.

The main issue is that, if they choose to hide a particular post or all activity from a particular user, there doesn't appear to be any way for them to unhide it.

Create a Joomla menu item with menu type of Community Builder > Plugin then set Plugin to CB Activity and you can link to the hidden comments page for unhiding.

Can we use CSS to hide the 3 little dots that give them access to the various "hide" functions?

You can if you want to, but you'll lose edit/delete functionality as well since that's also where those menu items are.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 7 months ago #320153 by boyjahq
If my customer chooses to remove all hide/edit/delete functionality (which I'm pretty sure they will), how can I find the CSS that needs to be marked as "hidden" and is it possible to make this change so that it will not be overwritten with the next software update?

3 years 7 months ago #320155 by krileon
Custom CSS can be added to CB using CSS Overrides shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18711-template-css-overrides-made-easy

Each menu item has its own CSS class. The below should hide those menu items specifically.

.commentMenuItems .commentMenuItemHide {
    display: none;
}

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn