Stripe and first payment different with CBSubs 4.1.1+build.2017.11.10.22.34.28.8

3 years 6 months ago #320280 by activha
Hello

I have noticed that Stripe keeps billing the first payment on a recurring basis even if it is different with this CBSubs version.

On some customers we have the first payment set to 36 € with an additional 30 € fees and then recurring payment to 30 €. First payment was correct to 66 € but next ones stay at 66 € instead of 30 €

Nothing has changed in the plan settings.

Mind to have a look ?
For now I guess that we have to refund manually the difference ?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #320281 by krileon
Are these new or existing subscriptions?

We use Stripes newer API now for recurring subscriptions to create one-off payments when the initial price is different. To do this we're using their free trial API in combination with one-off API. This appears to be working fine in my tests, but if this is happening for you for older subscriptions it's possible it was an old bug. Please see the below screenshots for what to expect. I've initiated another test subscription to retest this, but it won't clear until tomorrow however it looks fine at Stripe.

CBSubs Invoice

Stripe Initial Payment

Stripe Recurring Subscription

You'll notice initial subscriptions under Stripe > Payments. For subscriptions you'll see them under Customers > Subscriptions in a Trial state with their first recurring payment scheduled. The scheduled recurring payment should be at your recurring rate.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn