Question to group field

3 years 6 months ago #320897 by ericmuc
Replied by ericmuc on topic Question to group field
Hi,

Can the user set privacy to single fields of a field group?

At the moment I see only a privacy button for the whole field group, not for single fields.

Thanks, best regards
Eric

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #320898 by ericmuc
Hi,

Sorry, but I have a further question:

I can set privacy of whole field group. In front end editing that is shown at the end of all the entries of the field group.

1) can I set this to the top of the entry ist?
2) can I add in the profile view (not ajax editing) an info like "This content is visible for "privacy group" that is only visible for the user, so that he knows easily what he has set for this content (without editing view of the content)?

Thanks, best regards
Eric

3 years 6 months ago #320905 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Question to group field

Can the user set privacy to single fields of a field group?

No, privacy would need to be on the entire field group field.

1) can I set this to the top of the entry ist?

Move the privacy selector? No, it's always inserted where field icons are inserted so it's always after the field. You may want to consider using Simple privacy mode which consolidates privacy selection under a single Privacy tab. See my below blog post regarding this feature.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18860-cb-privacy-6-1-0

2) can I add in the profile view (not ajax editing) an info like "This content is visible for "privacy group" that is only visible for the user, so that he knows easily what he has set for this content (without editing view of the content)?

Yes, use the "Display Override" parameter in the privacy settings of the field. You can have it display whatever you like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 6 months ago #320917 by ericmuc
Hi,

This question needs still to be answered:

One more question I have hereto.

So now at the beginning a placeholder is shown in profile under the tab. Very good. And now the user can start fill in a first field group.

But what, if he want to delete this frist entry, so that nothing is shown anymore? I have most of the field set to require, so he cannot make all fields empty, but even this won't help.

A second entry can be deleted. For the frontend editing deletion also of the first would be helpful.

What can I do? Can I add an extra button for deletion (code, only for the first entry)?

Thanks, best regards
Eric

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #320920 by ericmuc
Hi,

Hereto I have a question:

Yes, use the "Display Override" parameter in the privacy settings of the field. You can have it display whatever you like.

I ment the own profile view, so only what the user see of his own profile. He has the pencil shown to edit the tabs with the group fields. What privacy is set he cannot see here. He must edit the tab and then he has the select option.

My question is, how I can add a hint about the current privacy setting of the different group fields in the own profile view for the user, what is seen only by the user itself. Is there a possibility in CB?

Addition: may be a link to the public view of the profile would do it also, so the user can check easily how his profile is seen in public (without log off), is this possible?

Thanks, best regards
Eric

3 years 6 months ago #320931 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Question to group field

But what, if he want to delete this frist entry, so that nothing is shown anymore? I have most of the field set to require, so he cannot make all fields empty, but even this won't help.

Don't set the fields required if they're optional. There's no functionality to not have a set of fields as it'd just be too confusing for users to use.

I ment the own profile view, so only what the user see of his own profile. He has the pencil shown to edit the tabs with the group fields. What privacy is set he cannot see here. He must edit the tab and then he has the select option.

Add privacy controls to the individual fields and they'll be able to see the privacy value they selected when editing the field in ajax. There is no tab ajax editing at this time so they won't be able to see tab privacy anywhere except profile edit.

My question is, how I can add a hint about the current privacy setting of the different group fields in the own profile view for the user, what is seen only by the user itself. Is there a possibility in CB?

There's no functionality for such an indicator and there are currently no plans to implement one.

Addition: may be a link to the public view of the profile would do it also, so the user can check easily how his profile is seen in public (without log off), is this possible?

Viewing your profile as someone else (e.g. public) like Facebook is not implemented. This maybe something we implement in a future release once profile has been redesigned to have 2 views (your Home page and your Profile page; similar to Facebook and other social networks). The redesign plan is after we begin using Symfony so we can redesign everything using Twig templates. So likely won't be until mid-next year that we completely redo the profile design.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn