CBSubs use case on a new project

3 years 5 months ago #320985 by activha
CBSubs use case on a new project was created by activha
Hi

I was wondering whether we could use CBSubs for a new project like this :

1) we would have a yearly subscription, recurring each year, payable either monthly or annually (with a small discount) via Stripe only

2) When a user has subscribed, he would be allowed to buy credits (for instance by pack of 10 000 credits), and these credits would be decreased by an auto action (external code). When the credits reach zero the purchase would be automatically recurred

Is this feasible with CBSubs only ?

Thanks
Jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago #320987 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs use case on a new project

1) we would have a yearly subscription, recurring each year, payable either monthly or annually (with a small discount) via Stripe only

There's no functionality to subscribe for a year, but bill monthly. In that case you'd just use a monthly duration for your plan for month by month. This is something we might implement in the future though depending on if the gateways we provide support it.

2) When a user has subscribed, he would be allowed to buy credits (for instance by pack of 10 000 credits), and these credits would be decreased by an auto action (external code). When the credits reach zero the purchase would be automatically recurred

There's no functionality to on-demand bill a user. CBSubs works off a schedule. So it wouldn't be able to bill them automatically when they hit zero credits. They'd either need to buy more credits manually or just have an existing recurring subscription that adds more credits on a set schedule. It's not likely we'll implement such a feature as most gateways just flat out do not support such functionality.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 5 months ago #321026 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBSubs use case on a new project

... or just have an existing recurring subscription that adds more credits on a set schedule

Could it be possible to trigger a subscription with an auto action when a CB field (credits) is below a set number ?

3 years 5 months ago #321028 by krileon

Could it be possible to trigger a subscription with an auto action when a CB field (credits) is below a set number ?

Absolutely, but that won't bill them. It would just give them a subscription for free. I can't provide an auto action example though without further details as to where that field is being edited.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 5 months ago #321030 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBSubs use case on a new project
My idea was to trigger a subscription when a cb field hits zero credit.
But for this to work it would have to be a billable and paid subscription.
Any idea to automate a subscription based on what the client consumes in a said timeframe with CB ?
I’d like to avoid multiplying components for this

3 years 5 months ago #321032 by krileon
So they buy the subscription, but it renews based off the available credits or you're using credits as like a purchase option for buying a subscription? Sorry, not following what you're trying to do. It's absolutely possible to use a credits system to buy things using CBSubs Promotions.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn