Cookies from CB?

3 years 6 months ago #321012 by ericmuc
Cookies from CB? was created by ericmuc
Hi,
I know the cookies from CB are necessary and are session cookies without using some user data. So they need not to mention regarding the GDPR. But for transparency I would like to make a list for the users, which they may see in the cookie bar extension.

I have already recognized:
cbtabseditfieldintegrations
cbtabsajax
cbtabsfield_privacy
cbtabsprivacy_override
cbtabseditpane
cbtabsfield

My question:
Is it possible to get a complete list of all cookies set by CB, with a short description (for what) and the time of storage?

Thanks, best regards
Eric

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #321016 by ericmuc
Replied by ericmuc on topic Cookies from CB?
Hi,
Question: is it planned, to connect CB with the Joomla privacy functions?

Let me add that I found a premium good GDPR suite for Joomla with a very good support: storejextensions.org/extensions/gdpr.html
This extension brings not only a cookie bar but moreover a tool for many things aound GDPR, for example:

Data breach management
If a data breach occurs you can manage and notify violated users quickly within 72 hours

This extension works together with CB.

Thanks, best regards
Eric

3 years 6 months ago #321018 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cookies from CB?

Is it possible to get a complete list of all cookies set by CB, with a short description (for what) and the time of storage?

None of those cookies are tracking cookies or PII. You do not need a cookie notice about them. You do not need a cookie notice about Joomlas login cookie either. I do not suggest overwhelming users with information that is of no use to them. We generate various amounts of cookies to track Tab selection state. Many of which are actually just backend cookies (which all that you listed are and normal users will never have).

Question: is it planned, to connect CB with the Joomla privacy functions?

We already support Joomlas privacy component. Additionally we have our own privacy functionality. Within CBs system plugin in Extensions > Plugins you can enable Verify Consent, which causes terms and conditions fields that are marked required and displayed on registration as well as profile edit to verify their acceptance. CB Privacy provides functionality for users to export their data and delete themselves.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericmuc

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.395 seconds