Web RTC audio video

3 years 3 months ago #321579 by activha
Web RTC audio video was created by activha
Hello

Would it be possible to include web RTC video chat in the messaging system so that users could talk in video to each other using web standards and web browsers ?

Thanks
Jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #321582 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Web RTC audio video
It's planned for the Conversations API to be implemented into CB Activity. It likely will only support 1-to-1 video/voice calls on initial implementation though. I do not have a timeframe for this as we'll be focusing primarily on Symfony implementation and the future of core CB this upcoming year so massive features like that are unlikely to be implemented anytime soon. Have added a feature ticket so it's more understood this is planned.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8264

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #321598 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Web RTC audio video
Well that's a pity it takes this long as we have a huge project which needs this kind of features in the coming months.

Any idea of a timeframe ?

(maybe could we participate in the financing ?)

3 years 3 months ago #321602 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Web RTC audio video

Well that's a pity it takes this long as we have a huge project which needs this kind of features in the coming months.

I suggest implementing it yourself or seeing if any Joomla extensions available provide video/voice chat since you need it soon. Below is the browser API. The only thing you need server side is for passing the peer token from 1 user to another.

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/WebRTC_API

It's just not a priority, sorry. There's tons of free software available that provides excellent video and voice chat right now that it's just a waste of development time and resources to pause other development to implement that anytime soon.

Any idea of a timeframe ?

No, core CB is my priority at this time and that's after we're done improving Joomlapolis, which we aren't as I'm currently working on a new mock-up site so I can redo all of our product pages with up to date information and screenshots. Core CB is still sitting on legacy 10 year old APIs. We need to implement Symfony and rewrite several core APIs to newer usages so our plugins can move forward with better features. Everything is being held back by old API at this point. We don't even have a unified templating API right now which we will with Symfony as we'll be using Twig. It's not something we can put off any longer, sorry.

(maybe could we participate in the financing ?)

No, we do not provide paid development here. It hurts progress for everything else to let someone with more money than everyone else dictate the flow of development.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn