Add text to mobile menu button

3 years 4 months ago #321684 by boyjahq
Add text to mobile menu button was created by boyjahq
I would like to add the word MENU (multi language, so language string) to the mobile menu button.

I understand that it is a well recognized image representing an expandable menu to many mobile users, however many of our members are confused by it and are constantly asking us where the menu is. What is the best way to label this, in multiple languages, so that it will not be deleted upon future updates?

I was able to do it for the Joomla system equivalent

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #321692 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Add text to mobile menu button
There's no functionality for adding a label to it. We need to completely replace the hamburger icon with a better navigation system. You can suppress the hamburger menu entirely using CSS as a workaround for the time being if you like. See the below topic for examples of how to turn it into a left/right swipe scroller.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/240458-solved-tab-nesting-feature#310260

We will likely replace the 3 dot menu with a More tab and replace the hamburger menu with a left/right swipe scroller.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8268

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boyjahq

3 years 4 months ago #321758 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic Add text to mobile menu button
Thank you. I used the scroller modification as indicated in the forum post you referenced. I placed the css code in the template override section.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn