Issue with sharing membership with existing user

3 years 2 months ago #322606 by AlexRag
Actually, it's good to know the url is a one time use! Something to also let users be aware of when sharing links, which I would include in messages or tutorials. So, if a primary user re-sends the invite will it create a new unique link?

The issue I was experiencing was a user that was either once given access (via share link) or they deleted themselves after they had access and then given a new share link. When I tested the sharing again with the primary user to the same user it does not allow that user to get access. But I think I've come to realize that its related to your earlier replies related to existing users.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #322628 by krileon

So, if a primary user re-sends the invite will it create a new unique link?

Yes.

The issue I was experiencing was a user that was either once given access (via share link) or they deleted themselves after they had access and then given a new share link. When I tested the sharing again with the primary user to the same user it does not allow that user to get access. But I think I've come to realize that its related to your earlier replies related to existing users.

I think your issues with existing users is entirely due to your CBSubs configuration not allowing registrations without a subscription, which CBSubs will block them upon login if that's the case. The CBSubs Family Plans integration can't handle that case at the moment. I'm unsure if it'll even be able to due to the login check being very early in the process, but I've a feature ticket to try.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #322664 by AlexRag

I think your issues with existing users is entirely due to your CBSubs configuration not allowing registrations without a subscription, which CBSubs will block them upon login if that's the case. The CBSubs Family Plans integration can't handle that case at the moment. I'm unsure if it'll even be able to due to the login check being very early in the process, but I've a feature ticket to try.

Will it make a difference if I create a "free" registered plan with limited access just so CBSubs doesn't block the user before giving the Family Plan a chance to continue with the shared access process?

3 years 2 months ago #322665 by krileon
The easiest approach would be to just allow free registrations without a subscription. Then be sure your paid plans block all the appropriate content you want blocked. This however would just be a temporary solution until this issue is fixed, but I don't know when that'll be at the moment as I'm working on package builder Joomla 4 compatibility to complete our J4 support.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #322666 by AlexRag
Ah, ok. I think I already have "allow free subscriptions" set to yes. Should I also be setting Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans.

Should I be also creating a "Free Plan" when a user sees a sign up page?
Attachments:

3 years 2 months ago #322668 by krileon

Should I also be setting Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans.

If you're using free lifetime plans I personally recommend enabling it, but it's not required to do so.

Should I be also creating a "Free Plan" when a user sees a sign up page?

You shouldn't need to. Since free registrations without a subscriptions is enabled they should be able to login fine and accept the shared subscription via its URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.455 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn